glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.
Posted By: RVideo <racer4770@aim.com>Date: 4/28/07 5:12 a.m.

In Response To: Graphical evolution of the Halo series. (Gravemind)

i know what you are saying here. Many people are going to form an opinion based upon leaks (IE 'it looks like Halo 2') but in the end, I'm sure that they will wake up.

The average game enthusiast seriously has no clue as to how much work and pain actually goes into the final press of any game, let alone the most talked about game perhaps in the entire history of games on any device, ever.

Some of the things that are expected to NOT be in Halo3 (so I am told) are little ditties such as repeating textures (cliffs that have the same shaders even if they are 1/2 mile apart), looong boring and undetailed wall bitmaps, every bush and tree looking like they are 'model one of three, model two of three', and of course vastly improved lighting.

All of these things will probably be addressed in Halo3. In the 'leaked' footage of Last Resort, which appears more like 'Zanzibar 1.5' with some additional goodies, it is safe to say that, even upon close examination of this video, we see (A) no Sun anywhere (B) a skybox that is even more boring than the original Zanzibar (obviously a placeholder), (C) many walls that appear sort of, how does one say, not too exciting and (D) Water that doesn't do Frankie's updates any justice at all.

So it is very apparent, that the Bungie team is working on this project as a chain, with the 'final polish' as being the end of that chain (art and music being the most obvious).

How could anyone possibly believe that the contrails, shaders and textures, lighting, effects and explosions are already done?

To me, assuming that Halo3 is going to seriously look like the Last Resort footage is like watching old footage of the original 1979 Space Shuttle (piggybacked on a 747), and saying, 'yeah..Thats how all the Shuttles are going to be launched'

Message Index

Replies:

Graphical evolution of the Halo series.Gravemind 4/28/07 2:58 a.m.
     Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.ajenteks 4/28/07 3:07 a.m.
     Here's the thing...stan 4/28/07 3:16 a.m.
           Sorry about that.Gravemind 4/28/07 3:20 a.m.
                 He might have been kidding ;) *NM*Hawaiian Pig 4/28/07 5:23 a.m.
                       Re: He might have been kidding ;)DangerousHippo 4/28/07 12:28 p.m.
                             Re: He might have been kidding ;) *NM*doober187 4/28/07 7:36 p.m.
                                   Nope *NM*DangerousHippo 4/28/07 8:49 p.m.
     Blah!Gravemind 4/28/07 3:17 a.m.
           Still can't seem to fix that link.Gravemind 4/28/07 9:42 p.m.
                 Re: Still can't seem to fix that link.Rockslider 4/29/07 3:13 p.m.
                       Re: Still can't seem to fix that link.Gravemind 4/30/07 5:00 p.m.
     Beautifully written! Well done.Avateur 4/28/07 4:45 a.m.
     Bravo!madcowjim 4/28/07 4:53 a.m.
     Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.RVideo 4/28/07 5:12 a.m.
     Re: It's all about polishJustinian 4/28/07 7:53 a.m.
           Re: It's all about polishgspawn 4/28/07 10:14 a.m.
                 Re: It's all about polishmacegac 4/28/07 12:07 p.m.
     Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.sillymikey 4/28/07 5:03 p.m.
     Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.Rockslider 4/29/07 3:10 p.m.
           Re: Graphical evo... TeabaggingRed_Breast 4/29/07 6:18 p.m.
                 Wish I'd never askedRockslider 4/30/07 4:32 p.m.
           Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.Gravemind 4/30/07 4:53 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.