Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Beautifully written! Well done.
Posted By: Avateur <avateur@gmail.com>Date: 4/28/07 4:45 a.m.

In Response To: Graphical evolution of the Halo series. (Gravemind)

I notice your "Blah!" post and could honestly care less about typos and the broken link. I tend to notice grammatical and spelling errors instantly, but I was too enthralled with your message and the way you conveyed it in a logical, professional manner to pick up on any typos. In other words, I didn't even notice any typos (nor will I go back attempting to). I did notice the broken link, but only because I was clicking everything, regardless of how many times I've seen them, to make your post more powerful in my mind.

You conveyed your point extremely well. The first thing to make me a HALO fan was the game-play. The story soon captured my heart, and the graphics then sealed it. Upon touching down on HALO for the first time and staring over the cliff-edge to the water shimmering and sparkling down below, I was in awe. I had never seen anything so beautiful and amazing that wasn't the mountains nearby my house or some of the sunrises and sunsets that I've witnessed through the years. HALO's graphics gave me an even greater appreciation for these things, paying more attention to the details of said mountains and sunrises/sunsets.

HALO 2 upped the ante on all of that. That view of Earth (E3 2003 trailer and final product) was something amazing. And the light sparkling off of those Convenant ships are something to behold.

Sorry about getting all deep and such, but I'm in complete agreement with everything you've said. I've nothing to add or take from your post beyond my own interpretations of the first two games and what they mean for the third, and these two quotes to act as a reminder for anyone who would doubt Bungie's prowess:

"Rome was not built in one day" and "Good things come to those who wait."

Message Index

Replies:

Graphical evolution of the Halo series.Gravemind 4/28/07 2:58 a.m.
     Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.ajenteks 4/28/07 3:07 a.m.
     Here's the thing...stan 4/28/07 3:16 a.m.
           Sorry about that.Gravemind 4/28/07 3:20 a.m.
                 He might have been kidding ;) *NM*Hawaiian Pig 4/28/07 5:23 a.m.
                       Re: He might have been kidding ;)DangerousHippo 4/28/07 12:28 p.m.
                             Re: He might have been kidding ;) *NM*doober187 4/28/07 7:36 p.m.
                                   Nope *NM*DangerousHippo 4/28/07 8:49 p.m.
     Blah!Gravemind 4/28/07 3:17 a.m.
           Still can't seem to fix that link.Gravemind 4/28/07 9:42 p.m.
                 Re: Still can't seem to fix that link.Rockslider 4/29/07 3:13 p.m.
                       Re: Still can't seem to fix that link.Gravemind 4/30/07 5:00 p.m.
     Beautifully written! Well done.Avateur 4/28/07 4:45 a.m.
     Bravo!madcowjim 4/28/07 4:53 a.m.
     Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.RVideo 4/28/07 5:12 a.m.
     Re: It's all about polishJustinian 4/28/07 7:53 a.m.
           Re: It's all about polishgspawn 4/28/07 10:14 a.m.
                 Re: It's all about polishmacegac 4/28/07 12:07 p.m.
     Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.sillymikey 4/28/07 5:03 p.m.
     Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.Rockslider 4/29/07 3:10 p.m.
           Re: Graphical evo... TeabaggingRed_Breast 4/29/07 6:18 p.m.
                 Wish I'd never askedRockslider 4/30/07 4:32 p.m.
           Re: Graphical evolution of the Halo series.Gravemind 4/30/07 4:53 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.