Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: You all suck. I disagree.
Posted By: FathersheepDate: 1/12/05 9:08 a.m.

In Response To: Re: You all suck. I disagree. (DiscipleN2k)

: That doesn't look like the standby cheat to me. If you're getting standby'ed,
: your game will go to the blue connection screen. When you return to the
: normal game, you're dead. At least that's the gist I've gotten from
: everyone else's posts on the subject. I've been fortunate enough to have
: never played anyone who used it. To be quite honest, the video looks like
: Pball is just experiencing the worst lag I've ever seen. Although it could
: be another cheat I'm not aware of, it looks to me like it's just a poor
: network connection.

: -Disciple

Um, it did go to the blue screen and yes, that is the standby glitch. You can tell because the player will move in a single direction or simply stand still while they are on standby. No matter what you do to them, they won't die because you aren't hosting and their Xbox is getting entirely different data than what you are. Since the host is king in Bungie's netcode, reality doesn't make a bit of difference.

Unfortunately, the B.net forums are full of these videos, hundreds of them coupled with thousands of posts naming cheaters and linking game data. The top team in minor clan has been mentioned hundreds of times and recorded dozens of times and contrary to what Frankie has said, they still are playing and they still standby. They also got membership to other clans by pretending to be friendly, invited a bunch of other people and then threw games to bump their own stats and lower the other clans numbers. Again, this is easy to track and blatant, yet they still sit on top of the leaderboards as if they hsven't been cheating for two months straight.

Message Index

Replies:

Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*Pballwizard 1/11/05 9:53 p.m.
     Re: Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*EnterDaMatrix 1/11/05 10:08 p.m.
           Re: Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*Pballwizard 1/11/05 10:18 p.m.
                 Re: Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*KnifeyMcShanker 1/11/05 10:21 p.m.
                       Re: Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*insaneidiot 1/11/05 10:29 p.m.
                             Re: Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*Cody Miller 1/11/05 10:33 p.m.
                                   True... *NM*insaneidiot 1/11/05 10:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*Hawk7886 1/11/05 11:34 p.m.
                                         Re: Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*AeroJonesy 1/12/05 12:03 a.m.
                                               Re: The best way?Vorpal Sword 1/12/05 11:43 a.m.
                                   Re: Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*Lars a.k.a. SpyRaider 1/12/05 11:58 a.m.
                                         Re: Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*Pballwizard 1/12/05 3:02 p.m.
                             Re: Modem Exploiters Exposed *New Video*synide 1/12/05 5:59 p.m.
                       Great Vid. I know what to look for now. *NM*InsomniacGhost 1/12/05 12:43 p.m.
     You all suck. I disagree.NickLee808 1/12/05 2:58 a.m.
           Re: You all suck. I disagree.Silky Red 1/12/05 6:53 a.m.
                 Re: You all suck. I disagree.DiscipleN2k 1/12/05 7:43 a.m.
                       Re: You all suck. I disagree.Fathersheep 1/12/05 9:08 a.m.
                             Re: You all suck. I disagree.Silky Red 1/12/05 9:17 a.m.
                                   I think it matters...Boothby 1/12/05 9:43 a.m.
                                   Re: You all suck. I disagree.Fathersheep 1/12/05 9:55 a.m.
                             Re: You all suck. I disagree.DiscipleN2k 1/12/05 9:40 a.m.
                                   Re: You all suck. I disagree.Fathersheep 1/12/05 10:33 a.m.
                                         Ahh, I see. Good to know :) *NM* *NM*DiscipleN2k 1/12/05 10:36 a.m.
           Missing the point...McGyver of Plaid 1/12/05 11:40 p.m.
                 Umm...that was EXACTLY my point. *NM*NickLee808 1/13/05 12:52 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.