Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologram
Posted By: ThorsHammer <Nate4D@aol.com>Date: 9/28/03 12:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologram (Louis Wu)

: I think it's quite possible that the holograms are completely separate from
: the texturemap.

: BOLL mapped the PoA Halo; it repeated 7 times. I'd be really, really
: surprised if they used a different texturemap for the Control Room Halo
: (though I suppose it's possible).

: Check this page for details, including a 5000x200 image of the tile):
: http://halo.bungie.org/misc/mapping_halo/

Wow.

Once again, I am amazed by BOLL's sheer brilliance. And I have a very large foot in my mouth, now...

You're all definitely right; it's pretty likely that they used the same texture for both Halos. But, ummmm... It's hard to keep track of what it looks like with just a sniper rifle and my poor brain. Best excuse I can come up with for looking dumb (wow, I'm good at that...).

I must have miscommunicated; I don't think that the holograms are part of the Halo's texturemap. I was just arguing that if the Halo's texturemap was tiled, I would expect the holograms to point to the "same" parts of the tiled texture, which they don't.

And I'd like to say thanks, since you took the time to point me to this (and to the original hologram pic). So, thank you very much!

-Nate

Message Index

Replies:

Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 3:10 a.m.
     Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramLouis Wu 9/25/03 11:32 a.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramFork Me With A Spoon 9/25/03 3:08 p.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 5:55 p.m.
     Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 4:17 p.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 6:04 p.m.
                 Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 6:10 p.m.
                       Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 6:39 p.m.
                             Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 7:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 9:05 p.m.
                                         Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 9:39 p.m.
                                         Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramLouis Wu 9/26/03 9:58 a.m.
                                               Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/28/03 12:12 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.