Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologram
Posted By: ThorsHammer <Nate4D@aol.com>Date: 9/25/03 5:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologram (Louis Wu)

Actually, that's not quite what I'm talking about. That's one of the holograms, yes, but you can see that one pretty clearly from just standing by the main console, without going where I did.

The holograms I'm referring to are oval-shaped, with far less text, and they're much smaller. They have purple trim, and while this hologram appears off to the side of the Halo, these smaller ones are actually positioned above certain points on the surface, which is why they're hard to see from the "normal" vantage points. To boot, they're oriented so that you see them almost like they're two-dimensional, and you're looking at the edge, sort of like this | .

When I say "small", I mean small; without a zoomed weapon, I'm not sure if you could actually see them. I first noticed them on 2x zoom; they looked like pink clouds on the surface, which struck me as odd, so I took a closer look. I could see just enough of them to tell that they were more holograms, not clouds, which is when I came up with the idea of dropping off the bridge to get a good view... They seem to be pointing out different parts of Halo's surface, some fairly close together, others far apart.

I'd offer an image or something, but right now, I haven't got the resources to get one, or the time to snitch DV cameras and such from my friends...

-Nate

Message Index

Replies:

Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 3:10 a.m.
     Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramLouis Wu 9/25/03 11:32 a.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramFork Me With A Spoon 9/25/03 3:08 p.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 5:55 p.m.
     Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 4:17 p.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 6:04 p.m.
                 Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 6:10 p.m.
                       Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 6:39 p.m.
                             Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 7:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 9:05 p.m.
                                         Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 9:39 p.m.
                                         Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramLouis Wu 9/26/03 9:58 a.m.
                                               Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/28/03 12:12 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.