Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Forerunner symbols/Halo hologram
Posted By: ThorsHammer <Nate4D@aol.com>Date: 9/25/03 3:10 a.m.

So, I'm playing with vehicles at the end of AOTCR, just because there's so many of them there, and it's so much fun. Then, while I'm puttering around with a Ghost, I remember hearing someone mention that you can get inside the cutscene room using the "push self through wall with vehicle" trick.

Forthwith, I go to play with Ghosting through doors.

First odd thing: The first thing I try, without even thinking before I do it, is to push myself through the first set of blast doors; you know, the ones with the gold sword Elite? Well, as I come through, there are two Grunts that are aware I exist. Everybody else, goldy, the regular elites, the grunts, are holding stock still. I take a closer look, and discover that they're just like the dummy Gold Elite in SC. Except, it turns out they aren't. I walk up to a Grunt: he cocks his head to one side and stares at me. Then, another one does the litlle "Grunty hop" animation. They don't shoot at me, or walk around, but their heads are tracking on my movement. Nor did they move when shot, or grenaded (although their death animations kicked in just fine).

I don't know if anyone's seen this before, but it was weird, and I don't recall hearing about it before.

Now, on to the bit that has to do with my post title...

After I finished playing with the AI-less, breathing Covies, I carried on with my original scheme of checking out the Control Room in AOTCR. Slam self through the door easily.

I'm checking out the hologram of Halo with my sniper rifle, and I notice those little Forerunner text holograms that people have mentioned every once in a while in this forum. If you don't know what I'm talking about, the easiest way to see them is the beginning of Two Betrayals; go get the sniper rifle, and come back to the Control Room. Zoom in on the Halo, and eventually, a little hologram that's pointing to the surface of Halo floats by.

So, as I watch the Halo, I notice that all but one of the holograms are oriented so that it's almost impossible to actually see what's written on them. And then, a bright idea strikes me...

I had tried, many times, to jump down to the Control Room floor in Two Betrayals, but Bungie put in that blasted Death Field. And I realized, "Hey, they didn't expect you to get here in AOTCR... Maybe they didn't put it in!" So, I jumped over the edge of the bridge, back near the door, and landed with no shield damage (I think that just dropping down might hurt you; I had a good bounce off of a ledge).

The point to all this? From down there, you can easily see the text that's inscribed on the "badly oriented" holograms. It's more Forerunner text, but what I find interesting is this: As far as I can tell, all of the "badly oriented" holograms have the exact same inscription. Significance? Well, um... I'm sure there's some... If someone has a collection of Forerunner symbols, I think this text can only be seen clearly here. Also, just the knowledge that all of these holograms have the same text might prove useful in figuring out what exactly that hologram of Halo is depicting.

More random information about the holo of Halo: People have occasionally commented on the blinking red patches. Since I was there, I took a careful look at them, and it looks to me like they're all over a landmass. Sometimes islands, sometimes continents, sometimes islands so small you can hardly tell they're there, but always a landmass.

IF the red patches represent Flood activity (which I'm not necessarily convinced of, but several people have espoused that theory in this forum), this implies that either there are multiple storage locations for the Flood, or else that large bodies of water are not a problem for the Flood to cross, since they would have to get onto the islands somehow...

Boy, I don't know if anyone's even gonna have a CLUE what I'm talking about.

Hmmm... 3:06 A.M... I should probably go to bed.

-Nate

Message Index

Replies:

Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 3:10 a.m.
     Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramLouis Wu 9/25/03 11:32 a.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramFork Me With A Spoon 9/25/03 3:08 p.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 5:55 p.m.
     Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 4:17 p.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 6:04 p.m.
                 Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 6:10 p.m.
                       Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 6:39 p.m.
                             Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 7:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 9:05 p.m.
                                         Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 9:39 p.m.
                                         Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramLouis Wu 9/26/03 9:58 a.m.
                                               Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/28/03 12:12 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.