Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologram
Posted By: ThorsHammer <Nate4D@aol.com>Date: 9/25/03 6:04 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologram (Infininja)

: Well, the Halo in PoA repeats itself X times over, and I'm sure the one in
: the Control Room does too. I bet those signs all point to the exact same
: area.

: The Covenant did a thorough seismic scan. My analysis shows that Halo is
: honeycombed with deep tunnels, which circle the whole ring.

Actually, no, these signs definitely don't point to the same area. Evidence: Their spacing. If it were just a pattern repeated several times, the signs would be some constant distance apart, but they aren't. In some places, they appear fairly close together, while in others, there aren't any at all. Also, I'm not sure that the Halo in the Control Room does use a repeating texture for the surface; I spent a while staring at it (in fact, I actually tried to watch the whole surface go by), and I didn't sense much of a pattern. I used to do some 3D animation, so I've got a pretty good sense of what repeating textures look like.

Seismic scan... Tunnels... Good point, I hadn't thought of that. So, okay, I guess this doesn't say anything about the Flood's relation to water.

-Nate

Message Index

Replies:

Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 3:10 a.m.
     Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramLouis Wu 9/25/03 11:32 a.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramFork Me With A Spoon 9/25/03 3:08 p.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 5:55 p.m.
     Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 4:17 p.m.
           Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 6:04 p.m.
                 Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 6:10 p.m.
                       Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 6:39 p.m.
                             Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 7:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/25/03 9:05 p.m.
                                         Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramInfininja 9/25/03 9:39 p.m.
                                         Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramLouis Wu 9/26/03 9:58 a.m.
                                               Re: Forerunner symbols/Halo hologramThorsHammer 9/28/03 12:12 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.