/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: This is what I call the Mother of All Prequels
Posted By: DonPistolaDate: 1/4/03 1:42 p.m.

In Response To: Re: This is what I call the Mother of All Prequels (Elliott)

: put the term on the floor under the scenery so they have to look at the
: people they want to talk to.
: Ellio7t

Another method would be to make the Terminal graphic completely transparent, and surround the corpses with transparent walls that have the Terminal texture. Chris Komarnicki used this technique in the now-defunct scenario Killing Time. It looks much better, as it completely does away with the 1-pixel-thin (but still there, and still ugly) line of terminal texture that inevitably appears with the "put the terminal on the floor" method. The disadvantages to this method are usually that this has to be done with every terminal, and a new shapes file has to be created. However, there aren't any terminals that could be done "normally" in PiD, and there'll be a new Shapes file anyway. So I'd reccommend this method.
Ah, and I just thought of something! (I feel so smart now.) Have the Yellow Crystal on a Light Trigger polygon, triggering the light for all of the terminal graphics on the level. That way, the terminals will be disabled until the player picks it up. Of course, there'd still be the problem of "charging" it...

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsReB 1/3/03 2:19 p.m.
     Re: This is what I call the Mother of All Prequelsbob 1/3/03 2:52 p.m.
           Re: This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsTodd 1/3/03 2:53 p.m.
                 Re: This is what I call the Mother of All Prequelsbob 1/3/03 3:05 p.m.
                 Re: This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsSpeaker-To-Animals 1/3/03 3:15 p.m.
                       Re: This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsSpeaker-To-Animals 1/3/03 6:17 p.m.
                             Re: This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsSimon Dupuis 1/3/03 8:46 p.m.
                                   Re: This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsElliott 1/4/03 11:52 a.m.
                                         Re: This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsDonPistola 1/4/03 1:42 p.m.
     OMFG ;)Anaphiel 1/3/03 4:48 p.m.
     Re: This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsHamish Sinclair 1/4/03 1:35 a.m.
           More nitpickingrandom tru7hseeker 1/4/03 2:34 a.m.
                 Re: More nitpickingukimalefu 1/4/03 8:44 a.m.
                       Re: More nitpickingJohannes Gunnar 1/4/03 10:18 a.m.
           Re: This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsReB 1/4/03 9:30 a.m.
                 Level DesignTodd 1/4/03 6:23 p.m.
                       Re: Level DesignSpeaker-To-Animals 1/4/03 8:04 p.m.
                       Re: Level DesignAgent Shem 1/5/03 5:30 a.m.
                 Re: This is what I call the Mother of All Prequelsjohn zero 1/4/03 6:52 p.m.
                       Re: This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsSpeaker-To-Animals 1/4/03 8:13 p.m.
                       Re: This is what I call the Mother of All PrequelsReB 1/5/03 11:23 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.