/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Dune...
Posted By: MojoDate: 5/14/01 4:36 p.m.

In Response To: Timelines... (DUNE!?) (Locucious)

: So essentially, the
: girl was the epitamy of a race's genetic and technological advances, and
: the highest mortal spiritual being of another race, and had become so at
: birth. Thus, she was almost infinitely powerful.

Actually.. no.

The Maud Dib(Paul--I think that's his name)'s son, Leto became the one who was almost infinitely powerful. He grew into a neither man nor beast figure and lived for millions of years. (he combined with the sand trout to become a half-worm thing). I don't recall Paul's mother's daughter's (paul's sister) name, but she was only considered as some kind of freak, who had the knowledge of a grown person as a child. But she didn't grow up to be as powerful as expected.. instead the Maud Dib came back from the dead (sorta) to take care of her and set up his own legacy as the inheritants of Dune.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, i haven't finished the series, I got bored.

But no, the daughter wasn't the one who was almost perfect, that turned out to be Leto.

later,

Mojo

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Vegman7 5/14/01 1:58 p.m.
     Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Jacke 5/14/01 2:27 p.m.
           Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)archon 5/14/01 2:52 p.m.
           Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Son of Grd'nl 5/14/01 3:48 p.m.
                 Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Doctordude 5/14/01 3:58 p.m.
                       Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)archon 5/14/01 6:16 p.m.
                             Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Doctordude 5/14/01 7:30 p.m.
                       Dreams.Ailurofyl7 5/15/01 9:32 a.m.
                       Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)[Tycho?] 5/15/01 11:58 a.m.
                             Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Doctordude 5/15/01 12:53 p.m.
                             Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Son of Grd'nl 5/15/01 1:00 p.m.
     Timelines... (DUNE!?)Locucious 5/14/01 3:04 p.m.
           Re: Dune...Mojo 5/14/01 4:36 p.m.
           Re: Timelines... (DUNE!?)TheAR 5/14/01 6:44 p.m.
                 Re: Timelines... (DUNE!?)Fear is the mindkiller 5/15/01 12:34 p.m.
                       Re: Timelines... (DUNE!?)TheAR 5/15/01 2:39 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.