/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)
Posted By: Vegman7Date: 5/14/01 1:58 p.m.

I'm not sure what the current theory is on whether Marathon * is or is not a dream, but one thing I never saw getting discussed (though I might have missed it) was how the "Prologue" chapter fit into that theory. Since I don't think Bungie wanted to send the message "PDREAMS" to its fans, maybe the prologue wasn't a dream, maybe that was the end of the Marathon universe (the player and a handful of Pfhor dying aboard an old Jjaro space station as the rest of the universe crumbled in front of the Wr'ncanker). I mean, what happens next? The player gets sent back in time to Marathon 1, and then captured by Tycho. Has anyone wondered what it would mean if the Jjaro had time travel abilities? Yrro would have just gone back in time to save Pthia (assuming Yrro was a Jjaro). Even if Yrro was not a Jjaro and that doesn't contradict the idea that the Jjaro had time travel, this does: why the dickens would the Jjaro AI send you back in time 17 years?? Why would it have not, say sent a bomb back in time onto whatever Pfhor ship had the Trih Xeem? It seems to me that it is very unlikely the Jjaro had time travel, and when that is coupled with the possibility that all of Marathon * was a dream except for the prologue, it might just be that, when confronted with the end of the universe, the player falls asleep and dreams until the Wr'canker come for him. Just an idea.

-P.S.-hats off to Marathon Story Page, rarely went there before but theres so much interesting stuff

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Vegman7 5/14/01 1:58 p.m.
     Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Jacke 5/14/01 2:27 p.m.
           Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)archon 5/14/01 2:52 p.m.
           Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Son of Grd'nl 5/14/01 3:48 p.m.
                 Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Doctordude 5/14/01 3:58 p.m.
                       Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)archon 5/14/01 6:16 p.m.
                             Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Doctordude 5/14/01 7:30 p.m.
                       Dreams.Ailurofyl7 5/15/01 9:32 a.m.
                       Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)[Tycho?] 5/15/01 11:58 a.m.
                             Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Doctordude 5/15/01 12:53 p.m.
                             Re: DespairRageEnvyAyeMakSicur(DREAMS?)Son of Grd'nl 5/15/01 1:00 p.m.
     Timelines... (DUNE!?)Locucious 5/14/01 3:04 p.m.
           Re: Dune...Mojo 5/14/01 4:36 p.m.
           Re: Timelines... (DUNE!?)TheAR 5/14/01 6:44 p.m.
                 Re: Timelines... (DUNE!?)Fear is the mindkiller 5/15/01 12:34 p.m.
                       Re: Timelines... (DUNE!?)TheAR 5/15/01 2:39 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.