/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance Manaual
Posted By: Aaron FreedDate: 12/26/21 9:29 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance Manaual (Lion O Cyborg)

: I would, but I know you can't speak Japanese.

Translation from Japanese: You've got nothing.

Someone is apparently having a laugh at your expense. Weeaboo is a nonce word that comes from this Perry Bible Fellowship comic and was later arbitrarily implemented as a word filter for wapanese on 4chan. It originates from the English-speaking world and, insofar as it's used at all in Japanese, it means the same thing it does in English. Japanese-language Wikipedia even confirms that the term comes from the PBF comic. (I don't understand much Japanese either, but Google Translate gives the gist.)

: no I will not excise anything. My writings, my rules.

That's ultimately your decision, of course, but if you don't expend the effort to make things comprehensible to those unfamiliar with your references, you can't realistically expect those unfamiliar with your references to expend the effort to read your writings. In short, you're drastically limiting the size of your audience by holding this attitude.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualLion O Cyborg 12/18/21 10:07 a.m.
     Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualVikingBoyBilly 12/23/21 9:33 a.m.
           Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualBob-B-Q 12/24/21 7:36 a.m.
                 Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualLion O Cyborg 12/24/21 1:39 p.m.
                       Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualBob-B-Q 12/25/21 4:48 p.m.
                             Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualLion O Cyborg 12/25/21 5:57 p.m.
                                   Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualBob-B-Q 12/26/21 6:46 a.m.
                                         Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualLion O Cyborg 12/26/21 6:51 a.m.
                                               Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualVikingBoyBilly 12/26/21 9:19 a.m.
                                               Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualAaron Freed 12/26/21 9:29 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualLion O Cyborg 12/26/21 12:59 p.m.
                                                           Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualAaron Freed 12/26/21 3:53 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualLion O Cyborg 12/26/21 4:59 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualVikingBoyBilly 12/27/21 5:36 a.m.
                                                                 Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualVikingBoyBilly 12/27/21 5:00 a.m.
                                                           Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualVikingBoyBilly 12/27/21 5:16 a.m.
                                               Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualBob-B-Q 12/26/21 1:42 p.m.
                                                     Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualLion O Cyborg 12/26/21 2:05 p.m.
                                                           Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualGeneral-RADIX 12/26/21 4:55 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualLion O Cyborg 12/26/21 5:53 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualVikingBoyBilly 12/27/21 5:43 a.m.
                                                                       Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualGeneral-RADIX 12/27/21 5:10 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualVikingBoyBilly 12/28/21 4:58 a.m.
           Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualLion O Cyborg 12/24/21 2:39 p.m.
                 Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualVikingBoyBilly 12/24/21 3:44 p.m.
                       Re: The Ultimate PID Repentance ManaualLion O Cyborg 12/25/21 1:25 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.