/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s Challenge
Posted By: Aaron FreedDate: 9/11/20 1:08 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s Challenge (W'rkncacnter)

: I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly, but I'm pretty sure pathways has
: the same problem. There are cases where you can't really complete a whole
: PiD level without doing part of it, leaving, then coming back later when
: you have a new item.

: For example, what would vidding Wrong Way! even mean? I guess if you define
: it as starting a fresh game on a level and then getting to an exit, you
: could vid most of it by simply moving forward a few steps, then going back
: to get to the initial ladder, ending the level.
That’s basically exactly what I meant, yeah. Pathways does still have somewhat more discrete levels in that they often represent physical floors of the pyramid, whereas in Echoes’ case they’re basically divided based on Aleph One engine limitations (usually physical space or map indices), which is a substantially more arbitrary marker.

But I’ll defer to your PiD knowledge. ISTR that some PiD levels can be completed more or less start-to-finish in one go, but many others can’t. The big difference with Echoes is that basically *none* of the levels can be completed start-to-finish in one go – even if there are *specific objectives* for some levels that you can do in one go, those levels almost always extra hidden stuff you’ll have to come back for later, when you’ve picked up more stuff, at least if you’re going for 100% item collection. I think the only level with a specific objective that doesn’t contain any extra stuff right now is “The Boiler”, and that could well be intended to change if Ryoko finishes the game. And with the massive onslaught of enemies on that level and the tiny amount of shields (0.6x, IIRC) and weaponry (none) the player starts with, it’s a safe bet that it’d be almost impossible to vid that level, in any case.

…ok, i said i was done procrastinating like twenty minutes ago. really now.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s Challenge *LINK*Aaron Freed 9/10/20 4:59 p.m.
     Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeGodot 9/11/20 5:08 a.m.
     Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeLion O Cyborg 9/11/20 12:11 p.m.
           Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeW'rkncacnter 9/11/20 12:31 p.m.
                 Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeLion O Cyborg 9/11/20 12:35 p.m.
                       Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeAaron Freed 9/11/20 12:52 p.m.
                             Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeLion O Cyborg 9/11/20 12:54 p.m.
           Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeAaron Freed 9/11/20 12:49 p.m.
                 Fixed link for previous message *LINK*Aaron Freed 9/11/20 12:59 p.m.
                 Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeW'rkncacnter 9/11/20 12:59 p.m.
                       Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeAaron Freed 9/11/20 1:08 p.m.
                 Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeLion O Cyborg 9/11/20 1:19 p.m.
                       Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeAaron Freed 9/11/20 1:46 p.m.
                             Re: The Marathon 1 Vidmaster’s ChallengeLion O Cyborg 9/11/20 2:55 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.