/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Sounds Crappy
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 3/28/07 7:51 p.m.

Pun intended.

So, I'm working on Eternal's sounds problems and thanks to Wail I now have all sounds where they're supposed to be and playing when they're supposed to, which is already a marked improvement over what I had before.

However, it seems that all the new sounds sound absolutely shitty when played in game, despite the fact that they sound just fine when played in any sound player I have, including in Wail itself. They're all 8-bit sounds from PiD and M1. I've tried setting the "replace 8-bit" flag, copying the 8-bit sounds into the 16-bit slot, and resampling the sounds up to 16 bits and importing them into the 16-bit slot, and all three ways they sound completely horrible when played in game. However, when I turn on the sounds-replacement MML and let it play the sounds from external files (the same external files I just imported with Wail), they sound just fine. But I'm trying to make it work without sound replacement.

Any ideas what might be up? I'll be happy to upload the sounds file and the sounds I'm using somewhere if someone wants to take a look at them and tell me what's going wrong.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/28/07 7:51 p.m.
     Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/29/07 2:51 a.m.
           Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/29/07 8:25 a.m.
                 Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/29/07 10:05 a.m.
                       Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/29/07 10:29 a.m.
                             Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/29/07 10:49 a.m.
                                   Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/29/07 3:21 p.m.
                                         Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/29/07 3:30 p.m.
                                               Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/29/07 9:12 p.m.
                                                     Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/30/07 3:02 a.m.
                                                           Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/30/07 10:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/30/07 11:57 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/30/07 2:47 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/30/07 3:18 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/30/07 4:27 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/30/07 5:08 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Sounds Crappykyjel 3/30/07 10:57 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.