/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Sounds Crappy
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 3/29/07 9:12 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Sounds Crappy (treellama)

Ok, I converted the sounds to unsigned and they work fine now, even in the last stable.

I also went in and raised the "samples" setting to 2048, and things actually got worse. So I decided to be crazy, since that's just the way I roll, and I made it lower instead. Set it to 512 and everything works great. Any idea why that might be?

Now, I have another question for anyone who can answer it. Apparently a lot of the sounds marked as "unused" in Anvil and Wail and the entities list in the MML docs are only unused inasmuch as they are empty - when you put something in them, the thing they were supposed to be used for goes and tries to use them. The specific examples I've noticed are, for one, the Unused 1 aka "Breathing" slot, which I was using for Headless attacks, but I think I'll actually go and make use of it for cool sound effects in vacuum and under water and move Headless attacks elsewhere (Nightmare bolts can use the S'pht bolt flyby instead of their own. But the second example I've noticed is that my Banshee death, which is in the "Walking In Lava" slot, plays when the player (surprise) walks in laval.

So, I'm wondering if there's some way via MML to make things like liquid splash/walking sounds not play, so that I can go ahead and use these previously unused (insofar as they were empty) slot for other sounds.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/28/07 7:51 p.m.
     Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/29/07 2:51 a.m.
           Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/29/07 8:25 a.m.
                 Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/29/07 10:05 a.m.
                       Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/29/07 10:29 a.m.
                             Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/29/07 10:49 a.m.
                                   Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/29/07 3:21 p.m.
                                         Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/29/07 3:30 p.m.
                                               Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/29/07 9:12 p.m.
                                                     Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/30/07 3:02 a.m.
                                                           Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/30/07 10:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/30/07 11:57 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/30/07 2:47 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/30/07 3:18 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sounds CrappyForrest of B.org 3/30/07 4:27 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Sounds Crappytreellama 3/30/07 5:08 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Sounds Crappykyjel 3/30/07 10:57 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.