/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A related question...
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 10/3/06 2:04 p.m.

In Response To: Re: A related question... (goran)

: WHen I helped you out long time ago, I played on TC, and I remember one
: weapon was usually enough to kill one alien, so it was a game of kill and
: trade. Makes up for some new interresting strategies. Like when you meet a
: bunch of aliens, you must quickly decide which are worth using your ammo
: on, and which weapon on who, and so on.

: a on b, b on c, c on d, then I fist the rest, and keep d.

: Know what I mean?

Yeah, that's sort of what I was getting at. Being unable to just burn through ammo on one weapon to take out a group of aliens forces you to switch weapons, pull back to cover sometimes, find another weapon lying around the room somewhere, fist an enemy to get his gun and then use it on his friends, etc. It feels a lot more strategic, and I kinda like it that way. I'm glad you do too.

: Make sure all alien weapons are usable and stable, and that no one of them
: suck.

The only two alien weapons that I might say "suck" in any way are the Shock Staff and the Flame Thrower (the M2 alien weapon, a.k.a. N-Cannon. Speaking of which, anybody have any idea what the N might stand for? I need a six letter word to fit it in the same space as "Flame Thrower").

The Shock Staff is definitely the weakest weapon in the game, but it's melee attack is stronger than the fists, pretty fast, and has nearly unlimited ammo, and it's ranged attack, while weak and slow-moving, is a fast shot with a lot of ammo that does "Alien" damage (i.e. it gets more powerful on higher difficulties, since the Fighters' own shots do too).

The Flame Thrower on the other hand is the same as it's ever been, and is decent for burning through crowds of baddies, but the down side to that is, when enemies burn they don't leave you weapons, so it's best used against things like Hunters, Juggernauts, Drones, Wasps and Lookers who don't leave you any ammo anyway. I believe this weapon also does "Alien" damage.

What do you guys all think about these two? Are they majorly Teh Suck? Need something changed about them to make them more useful?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Two-Function Disappearing Weapon?Forrest of B.org 10/1/06 12:51 p.m.
     Re: Two-Function Disappearing Weapon?kyjel 10/1/06 2:13 p.m.
           Re: Two-Function Disappearing Weapon?Forrest of B.org 10/1/06 7:50 p.m.
                 A related question...Forrest of B.org 10/2/06 1:01 p.m.
                       Re: A related question...RyokoTK 10/2/06 1:17 p.m.
                       Re: A related question...goran 10/3/06 9:27 a.m.
                             Re: A related question...Forrest of B.org 10/3/06 2:04 p.m.
                                   Re: A related question...D-M.A. 10/3/06 7:17 p.m.
                                         A related answerForrest of B.org 10/4/06 7:40 a.m.
                                               Re: A related answertreellama 10/4/06 8:41 a.m.
                                                     Re: A related answerForrest of B.org 10/4/06 9:50 a.m.
                                                           Re: A related answerRyokoTK 10/4/06 1:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: A related answerRyokoTK 10/4/06 1:06 p.m.
                                   Re: A related question...goran 10/4/06 6:26 a.m.
                                         Re: A related question...Forrest of B.org 10/4/06 7:20 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.