/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

A related question...
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 10/2/06 1:01 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Two-Function Disappearing Weapon? (Forrest of B.org)

Wondering how the "there's way too much ammo" idea holds up at different difficulty levels (I usually playtest at Kindergarten so I can run through easily and just examine that things are doing what, and looking how, they're supposed to), I started running through Eternal on TC, and I noticed a phenomena that I think Steve Levinson and John Sumner mentioned about Eternal Mk V...

When you can't carry any extra ammo, TC becomes a lot harder than it usually is.

That is to say, while the you-can-only-carry-one-weapon-at-a-time method doesn't make lower difficulty levels that much harder, since you're not needing to spend all that ammo in the first place, and there's always other weapons lying around nearby, on TC it makes a significant difference, as you're forced to resort to weaker weapons like the Pfhor Staff, or run about looking for an undepleted better one (and there are fewer of those lying around, since you're burning through them). I ran out of Fusion Batteries by the third level (not counting the prologue), and that's always preferring the Havok and Scatter rifles over the Fusion Pistol (i.e. using them when I have them). On Kindergarten, with the ability to carry Pfhor weapon ammo, I never run out of Fusion Batteries (again, preferring to use the Pfhor rifles when I can get them) even through the end of Chapter 3.

So my question, for all those vidmasters out there, is: would you like this? Is having the hardest difficulty level significantly harder than usual, but the lesser difficulty levels not much harder than usual, a good thing? I know in Halo 2, where playing on Legendary was a completely different game than even playing on Heroic, I really enjoyed the dramatic increase in difficulty, necessitating far more strategic gameplay than lower difficulty levels.

What do you guys think? Is having limited ammo (or having to search for it) too hard, or is such difficulty good? Would it help if I turned on "show objects on map", so you'll always know at least where you can get another weapon, and don't have to search everywhere for one?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Two-Function Disappearing Weapon?Forrest of B.org 10/1/06 12:51 p.m.
     Re: Two-Function Disappearing Weapon?kyjel 10/1/06 2:13 p.m.
           Re: Two-Function Disappearing Weapon?Forrest of B.org 10/1/06 7:50 p.m.
                 A related question...Forrest of B.org 10/2/06 1:01 p.m.
                       Re: A related question...RyokoTK 10/2/06 1:17 p.m.
                       Re: A related question...goran 10/3/06 9:27 a.m.
                             Re: A related question...Forrest of B.org 10/3/06 2:04 p.m.
                                   Re: A related question...D-M.A. 10/3/06 7:17 p.m.
                                         A related answerForrest of B.org 10/4/06 7:40 a.m.
                                               Re: A related answertreellama 10/4/06 8:41 a.m.
                                                     Re: A related answerForrest of B.org 10/4/06 9:50 a.m.
                                                           Re: A related answerRyokoTK 10/4/06 1:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: A related answerRyokoTK 10/4/06 1:06 p.m.
                                   Re: A related question...goran 10/4/06 6:26 a.m.
                                         Re: A related question...Forrest of B.org 10/4/06 7:20 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.