/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Two-Function Disappearing Weapon?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 10/1/06 7:50 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Two-Function Disappearing Weapon? (kyjel)

: Specific to that issue, maybe make the Havok Rifle use less ammo? Or set the
: bullet count to x2 burst - same ammount of bullets, used up faster. I
: think setting it to "alien weapon" would give it a random amount
: of ammo up to the max amount, as if the alien that had been carrying it
: had been using it. That might be fun.

Having it burn through the ammo faster might help with that problem, or it might not - if you can carry effectively four Havok Rifles (one in hand and three extra clips), the odds are still good that you will come across another one before you burn through all that ammo, since every time you kill a Trooper, you get more ammo for it.

Also, before I came up with this funky Lua-based system, the weapons did have random ammo amounts. But then I discovered that when you pick up a new copy of a weapon you already have (which gets turns into an ammo item), it gives you that weapon's amount of active ammo amount. So, if you're running around with one weapon and picking up others of that one, and they all have random ammo on pickup, the amount of ammo you have in the weapon in your hand keeps changing every time you pick one up, which is really weird. As it is now, with them not random-ammo-on-pickup, it still changes your ammo to the new weapon's amount, but that's just "full", which does kinda make sense.

If I could get rid of the Lua thing (which I would do if I could just make the Havok Rifle not disappear until BOTH triggers are out of ammo), then I wouldn't have that problem, and I'd be able to make all the alien weapons random-ammo-on-pickup again, which would be cool.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Two-Function Disappearing Weapon?Forrest of B.org 10/1/06 12:51 p.m.
     Re: Two-Function Disappearing Weapon?kyjel 10/1/06 2:13 p.m.
           Re: Two-Function Disappearing Weapon?Forrest of B.org 10/1/06 7:50 p.m.
                 A related question...Forrest of B.org 10/2/06 1:01 p.m.
                       Re: A related question...RyokoTK 10/2/06 1:17 p.m.
                       Re: A related question...goran 10/3/06 9:27 a.m.
                             Re: A related question...Forrest of B.org 10/3/06 2:04 p.m.
                                   Re: A related question...D-M.A. 10/3/06 7:17 p.m.
                                         A related answerForrest of B.org 10/4/06 7:40 a.m.
                                               Re: A related answertreellama 10/4/06 8:41 a.m.
                                                     Re: A related answerForrest of B.org 10/4/06 9:50 a.m.
                                                           Re: A related answerRyokoTK 10/4/06 1:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: A related answerRyokoTK 10/4/06 1:06 p.m.
                                   Re: A related question...goran 10/4/06 6:26 a.m.
                                         Re: A related question...Forrest of B.org 10/4/06 7:20 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.