/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [long
Posted By: Claude ErreraDate: 5/26/05 5:55 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [long (Steve Levinson)

: A1 is a volunteer project and I
: commend the development team for continuing to work on it and make it
: better. If you don't like the way it's going, acquire the skills needed to
: be a developer yourself and contribute to the effort. Complaining to an
: all volunteer effort about their direction is no different than the
: newbies here who say 'I have a great idea for a scenario - please develop
: it for me.'

I should probably keep my mouth shut, since I haven't really been a part of this community for a LONG time... but I'd like to remind you that in the early days, some of the developers were lamenting the fact that nobody was using their cool tools - and the reason was because they weren't building what the scenario creators needed.

It's a two-way street. Yes, they're all volunteers. Yes, they have every right in the world to go in whatever direction they choose. But if what they're building is useless to the folks who intend to USE it... why are they bothering? And why SHOULDN'T people complain?

As I understand it, this is EXACTLY why E0 got started.

::shrug::

There's a huge difference, in my eyes, between someone who says "here's a scenario idea - please develop it for me" and someone who says "I have these really cool ideas for scenarios, but I can't build them with the current tools, and I don't have the skills (or the time) to build the tools myself." Your attitude is like telling someone that if what they need is a screwdriver and a hammer, but they're in store that sells only hammers, that they should go home and BUILD a screwdriver instead of complaining about the lack of them in the hammer store - when what they should REALLY do is find a store that sells ALL the tools they need.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longish]RyokoTK 5/24/05 3:38 a.m.
     Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longSimon//Sigma 5/24/05 4:29 a.m.
           Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longAdam Ashwell 5/24/05 5:44 a.m.
                 Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longLuke9 5/24/05 6:07 a.m.
                       Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longD-M.A. 5/24/05 6:10 a.m.
                             Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longAndromeda_5[Kilo] 5/24/05 7:24 a.m.
                       Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longSpeaker-To-Animals 5/24/05 3:03 p.m.
     Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longDeathmonger 5/24/05 10:12 a.m.
           Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longRyokoTK 5/24/05 11:09 a.m.
                 Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longBob-B-Q 5/24/05 12:50 p.m.
                       Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longRyokoTK 5/24/05 1:21 p.m.
                       Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longJohannes Gunnar 5/24/05 4:03 p.m.
     Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longSpeaker-To-Animals 5/24/05 3:01 p.m.
           Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longRyokoTK 5/24/05 3:26 p.m.
                 Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longSpeaker-To-Animals 5/24/05 8:34 p.m.
                 Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longgoran 5/26/05 3:14 p.m.
                       Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longRyokoTK 5/26/05 4:04 p.m.
     Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longElliott dagen 5/24/05 4:04 p.m.
           Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longRyokoTK 5/24/05 4:17 p.m.
                 Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longSimon//Sigma 5/25/05 3:30 a.m.
                       You're being sarcastic, aren't you? *NM*Bob-B-Q 5/25/05 10:29 a.m.
                             Some people just don't get sarcasm. *rolls eyes*Vid Boi 5/26/05 8:25 a.m.
     Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longSteve Levinson 5/25/05 6:55 p.m.
           Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longClaude Errera 5/26/05 5:55 a.m.
                 Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longVid Boi 5/26/05 8:29 a.m.
     Re: Aleph One is not the wave of the future. [longNicholai 5/25/05 9:10 p.m.
     Will this help?goran 5/26/05 3:08 p.m.
           Re: Will this help?jkvw 5/27/05 10:25 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.