/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transfer
Posted By: EnkiduDate: 7/14/04 1:35 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transfer (Ernie)

: Are there any particular brands of clear gloss varnish you would recommend?
: If I have a brand name, it's far easier to locate at a craft store, or my
: local comic store (- should relaly be called the local Warhammer40K
: store... so much tabletop game stuff!).

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that. The one time I tried it I just used GW's own brush-on varnish that a friend loaned me. ("Purity Seal", the manufacturer was Citadel.) Any brush-on varnish designed for plastic models should do, but for the sake of your figures make sure it is for plastic models... some forms of furniture stuff can dissolve plastic! It's also easier to clean up after the acrylic version over the turpentine based version.

: Does the varnish finishing sprays protect the water based transfers from my
: fingers?

Yes.

: Also: My brother wants to use my Black Acrylic spray paint as a
: dark primer for his Warhammer figures. Is this advisable?

It depends upon the finish. If it's a matte finish, then it should be alright. If it's satin or gloss, then NO! The other coats of paint will just bead off as there's no "tooth" for the pigment to bind to.

Of course, if you're looking for tournament-quality results you should use a dedicated primer paint.

: Thanks for your help Steve. I wonder what the connection is with Marathon
: people being helpful being named "Steve". ; )

-- Steve could give an answer, but as an interested party it'd be immediately suspect. (Gotta get around to seeing "The Tao of Steve" someday.)

The Enkidu Terminals

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k?Ernie 7/13/04 5:36 p.m.
     Marathon lovers: They’re Everywhere! *NM*deathmonger 7/13/04 6:42 p.m.
     Re: The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k?Bob-B-Q 7/14/04 2:41 a.m.
     Old discovery my friend... old discovery, hehe.Johannes Gunnar 7/14/04 4:41 a.m.
           LOL! one interesting thing!Johannes Gunnar 7/14/04 4:43 a.m.
                 Re: LOL! one interesting thing!Enkidu 7/14/04 5:24 a.m.
                       Re: LOL! one interesting thing!Johannes Gunnar 7/14/04 9:40 a.m.
     Re: The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k?Enkidu 7/14/04 5:12 a.m.
           Re: The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k?Johannes Gunnar 7/14/04 9:45 a.m.
                 Re: The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k?Adam Ashwell 7/14/04 10:39 a.m.
                       Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transfersErnie 7/14/04 11:18 a.m.
                             Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferEnkidu 7/14/04 12:04 p.m.
                                   Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferJohannes Gunnar 7/14/04 12:27 p.m.
                                         Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferEnkidu 7/14/04 12:40 p.m.
                                               Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferJohannes Gunnar 7/14/04 2:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferErnie 7/14/04 1:23 p.m.
                                         Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferEnkidu 7/14/04 1:35 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.