/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Old discovery my friend... old discovery, hehe.
Posted By: Johannes GunnarDate: 7/14/04 4:41 a.m.

In Response To: The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k? (Ernie)

I re-discovered probably one year ago (somebody discovered that before me) and i posted it here. and so on. I am a warhammer 40k freak, i collect the Tau but thanks to my lack of money and painting skills i have been unable to collect for a long time. and i have been feeling like trashing my army because they are so badly painted. (i got one battlesuit worth around 35 bucks, and then the rest of the army is worth around 50-60 bucks) yeah.. i got a small army at this point.

but yeah, they got a marathon lookin' logo. a font similiar to spht. And their bodies are kinda similiar to the Pfhor.

Ok, i ran into my room just now and got the Tau Codex (a manual, everything about the Tau race) so now i can find something more about them that i have forgot. (long time since i checked out anything about this)

First thing that shocks me when i look at the credits on the front page. Cover Art: Adrian Smith. Now that's not marathon/bungie related but wasn't/isn't Adrian Smith a member of the british metal band Iron Maiden?

Now the Tau race is divided into "caste's" there is Fire which got a marathon lookin logo, circle and stuff. That's the logo for the warriors. The Tau warriors are very tactical and tend to use high-tech weaponry for long range attacs (some kind of energy guns that can reach long range targets) They don't like brutal close combat with knives and stuff. They make their mercenaries, the Kroot do that for them but they are like wild animals. they run into the battle like crazy, shoot everything they see, use knives and stuffs or just simply use their claws and teeth. And after they've killed everybody they start to eat the dead bodies. Now there are the other castes. the Earth (they are named after the elements) the Earth caste are the artisans and the labourers of the Tau. Water caste are the politicans and stuff like that. oh and all those castes got marathon esque logo. Just the outer circle is changed. Earth has a box instead of outer circle, Water got a diamond, Air got a reversed triangle. Oh and Air are the messengers and couriers. And also the navy or something. The Ethereals are the main guys. the Leaders. They are the guys that came surprisingly to the Tau when the Tau was raging civil war and were killing each other. The Ethereals saved the Tau race and are now the leaders or something. They are holy and stuff. For example if you bring an Ethereal into battle with you you get extra points to all your warriors and so on.

At first glance it looks like Tau weaponry is mainly based on Missiles, flamethrowers and energy weapons.

anyway, i am not going to talk more about this. if you guys wanna know more, buy the Tau codex at the next games workshop store. or check out this url

: Recently, my younger brother has jumped hip deep into the tabletop gaming of
: Warhammer 40K. One of the races I noticed has an interesting insignia...

:

: The species name is (no joke) the Tau. Perhaps it's another coincidence, but
: It's nice believe there's a 40K designer who shares our love of the
: Marathon universe. : )

: -Blayne

http://www.gamesworkshop.com/

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k?Ernie 7/13/04 5:36 p.m.
     Marathon lovers: They’re Everywhere! *NM*deathmonger 7/13/04 6:42 p.m.
     Re: The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k?Bob-B-Q 7/14/04 2:41 a.m.
     Old discovery my friend... old discovery, hehe.Johannes Gunnar 7/14/04 4:41 a.m.
           LOL! one interesting thing!Johannes Gunnar 7/14/04 4:43 a.m.
                 Re: LOL! one interesting thing!Enkidu 7/14/04 5:24 a.m.
                       Re: LOL! one interesting thing!Johannes Gunnar 7/14/04 9:40 a.m.
     Re: The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k?Enkidu 7/14/04 5:12 a.m.
           Re: The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k?Johannes Gunnar 7/14/04 9:45 a.m.
                 Re: The Marathon Symbol appears in warhammer 40k?Adam Ashwell 7/14/04 10:39 a.m.
                       Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transfersErnie 7/14/04 11:18 a.m.
                             Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferEnkidu 7/14/04 12:04 p.m.
                                   Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferJohannes Gunnar 7/14/04 12:27 p.m.
                                         Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferEnkidu 7/14/04 12:40 p.m.
                                               Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferJohannes Gunnar 7/14/04 2:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferErnie 7/14/04 1:23 p.m.
                                         Re: Creative uses for the Tau's Warhammer transferEnkidu 7/14/04 1:35 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.