/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED Volunteers: 3
Posted By: ErnieDate: 4/14/04 5:54 p.m.

In Response To: Re: RED Volunteers: 3 (Crimson)

: Later,
: ---IAN

I'm glad you posted in the series Ian. : )Perhaps you've done so before, but I was thrown off by the screen name "Crimson". Shade of red ... yes - very clever, heh.

Mark: I do realize what you were getting at when you disagreed with my hypothesis that Michael and Joshua were not W'kkr, but corrupted Jjaro.
However, how do we define what the are W'kkr / their origins?
The various hypothesis' I've come across have suggested:

-* Inter dimensional beings of chaos, perhaps let in during early Jjaro experiments with the universes superstructure (early attempts to escape the physical reality of the universe),
-Jjaro that somehow became evil, or corrupt - thus becoming something altogether different (race wise, allowing for them to refer to the Jjaro as an group different from themselves),
-Beings of Chaos that are intrinsically linked to the creation/perpetuation of our universe (i.e: in Forrest's M:Eternal).
- etc.

I'm sure there's other interpretations, but the one thing coherent among them (I presume) that is the W'kkr are formless beings of chaos.
It threw me off to think they could manifest an form that could be shot at, as in RED. Was the physical form of the sleeping god (W'kkr in PiD) ever discussed? I always presumed it's form was more of an dormant energy sphere or the like.

In WMaiD, I play up the W'kkr theory that I flagged earlier with an *,
By comparison, it seems most likely. It also infringes less on the other interpretations, as it doesn't specify an absolute form that the chaos being(s) would take.

An question that I haven't resolved about RED is regarding the player:
The RED marine isn't the same one that romped around on the Marathon, then was taken by Durandal to the S'pht world, is he?

I presumed (from an fragment of memory of an Red term.) that the player was an kind of forgotten 14th cyborg, left in stasis on the Marathon, somewhere near Tau Ceti, and found my in-gam Ian, et all.
Any clarification on this?

I particularly enjoyed your review of this level's storyline elements. It was almost reminiscent of Steve's in the Rubicon Volunteer series. ... although the lack of things to shoot at in this level may have sparked your change in narrative. ; )

I look forward to the rest of the series.

Regards,
-Blayne [ernie]

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED Volunteers: 3Mark Levin 4/14/04 11:37 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: 3Forrest of B.org 4/14/04 12:00 p.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: 3rampancy 4/14/04 1:01 p.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: 3Mark Levin 4/14/04 1:13 p.m.
                 Re: RED Volunteers: 3Crimson 4/14/04 3:12 p.m.
                       Re: RED Volunteers: 3Ernie 4/14/04 5:54 p.m.
                             Re: RED Volunteers: 3Steve Levinson 4/14/04 8:01 p.m.
                                   *style wars* :-) *NM*Mista_B 4/14/04 8:27 p.m.
                                   Re: RED Volunteers: 3Yossarian 4/14/04 8:40 p.m.
                                         Re: RED Volunteers: 3Forrest of B.org 4/15/04 11:48 a.m.
                                               Re: RED Volunteers: 3Yossarian 4/15/04 6:16 p.m.
                                                     Re: RED Volunteers: 3Forrest of B.org 4/15/04 9:26 p.m.
                             Re: RED Volunteers: 3Elliott 4/14/04 9:41 p.m.
                             Re: RED Volunteers: 3Forrest of B.org 4/15/04 11:40 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.