/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

The Taken, Battleroid?
Posted By: OrihausDate: 9/15/15 11:47 p.m.

Some jems a friend digged up in the dark corners of the latest Destiny expansions Grimore entries (The Destiny equivalent of Terminals). Obviously someone on the writing team knows their Marathon:

"Lately I have realized how much I depend on Crota and my daughters, and even upon my court. If I lost them, my outlays would exceed my intakes, my tribute would not be enough to feed my worm. But this is proper — for if I lost them it would be because they were not mighty enough, and then I would be a bad father, a bad King. I must test them and fight with them, to keep them strong. This is my geas.

I will go on forever. I will understand everything. There is only one path and that is the path that you make. But you can make more than one path.

Break your cell’s bars. Make a new shape, make the shape from its path, find your cell’s bars, break out of the bars, find a shape, make the shape from its path, eat the light, eat the path.

If I fail, let me be wormfood." From: http://db.destinytracker.com/grimoire/enemies/books-of-sorrow/l-wormfood

And,

"I SEE YOU!!!

You’ve been here before. Haven’t you. It’s like my cousin said, elsewhere: I know who you are.

You stand here now and now and now many times and here I am awonder, all awonder, how you manage it. How do you step forward. How do you step back. Do you step ACROSS is there a world of worlds, a web, and you a spider upon it. Are you searching for that one thread you need? Is that thread named victory?

You’re not one of THEM

[long dead, alive again, their bodies grafted to powers they and I do not understand]" From: http://db.destinytracker.com/grimoire/allies/rasputin/ghost-fragment-rasputin-4

As far as I know nothing referencing Marathon even remotely this explicitly has been found in the Grimores before, so I wonder if just by chance maybe someone new on the writing team is really into Marathon, or maybe Bungie are dropping hints on things on the horizon to be announced soon...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Taken, Battleroid?Orihaus 9/15/15 11:47 p.m.
     Re: The Taken, Battleroid?General-RADIX 9/16/15 12:41 a.m.
     Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Bob-B-Q 9/16/15 8:01 a.m.
           Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Philtron 9/16/15 1:44 p.m.
           Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Roland 9/16/15 9:10 p.m.
                 Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Bob-B-Q 9/17/15 8:22 a.m.
                       Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Philtron 9/17/15 5:44 p.m.
                             Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Hokuto 9/18/15 4:15 a.m.
                             Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Bob-B-Q 9/18/15 8:07 a.m.
     Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Hokuto 9/16/15 12:40 p.m.
           Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Philtron 9/16/15 1:50 p.m.
                 Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Hokuto 9/16/15 2:16 p.m.
                 Re: The Taken, Battleroid?RMG 9/19/15 6:05 p.m.
                       Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Hokuto 9/19/15 6:25 p.m.
     Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Martin 9/16/15 6:21 p.m.
           Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Hokuto 9/16/15 6:40 p.m.
                 Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Martin 9/16/15 7:36 p.m.
                       Re: The Taken, Battleroid? *LINK*DeChief 9/16/15 11:53 p.m.
                             Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Martin 9/17/15 1:42 p.m.
                       Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Hokuto 9/17/15 4:21 a.m.
                             Re: The Taken, Battleroid?Martin 9/17/15 1:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.