/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movie
Posted By: treellamaDate: 8/19/13 11:39 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movie (Antarctico)

: I have to wonder why they seem quicker on the draw. Is there is some sort of
: engine value for monster activation delay that is quicker for the M2
: Enforcers vs. the original, or is this is some unintended quirk of running
: an old game on a new-ish engine, or something else?

There is an activation delay, but it was my impression that the issue was faster targeting/firing once active, not faster activation itself. Am I at least correct that we have confirmed glue/super glue is working correctly in this case in beta 3?

: It is my contention that a good deal of the differences in play in this trap
: between the beta and the original are due to the higher default AI engine
: limits of Aleph One. The plugin sets these to M2 defaults, and this makes
: for some interesting changes in how this area can play out.

I don't see a way these limits will improve the reaction time of monsters. But, you can try backing them down to see if the behavior improves or doesn't. Or, remove monsters that aren't part of the trap in Pfhorte, and see if the behavior converges between Marathon and the beta.

If testing is an issue, remember you can move the player start point in Pfhorte closer to the trap, and give him some weapons/health/ammo. I haven't tested this one at all yet, because I don't hold high hopes of fixing AI behavior even if we can narrow it down. And because of the mouse issues you're familiar with IN ADDITION to my total lack of skill at Marathon. But if it's something as simple as an activation limit, maybe it's worth a try.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 1:21 a.m.
     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 7:28 a.m.
           Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 10:56 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movietreellama 8/19/13 11:39 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 11:53 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 12:37 p.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 11:56 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieFiddlerOnARoof 8/21/13 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 3:49 a.m.
                             Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 5:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 5:28 a.m.
                                         Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 5:53 a.m.
                                               Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 6:11 a.m.
                                                     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 6:19 a.m.
                                         Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 6:49 a.m.
                                               Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 8:39 a.m.
                                                     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 9:11 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 6:41 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.