/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movie
Posted By: GodotDate: 8/19/13 7:28 a.m.

In Response To: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movie (Antarctico)

: This is not a vidmaster movie, this is me play testing the monster closet
: trap area in the original Marathon. This movie will not play on the beta
: (duh). For this test, I cleared out the first monster closet to reduce the
: load on the active monster limit in order to prevent any monster
: sleepiness or aborted activations. There is little pretty to look at in
: this movie (the original mouse controls were giving me fits), but you will
: see as the second trap springs and I do not retreat, as I fire into the
: second closet, Compliers rise up into the corridor.

Thanks got it to work. Yes indeed, you got the Compilers to come up. One of the aliens got a shot off while on the Glue poly, thus activating the Compilers below. I've not been able to replicate this myself. But I see what you did, moved forward jamming them in over the Glue poly for longer. Which makes perfect sense given that we now know how the fight scene is set up.

Looking at the 4 existing Vid films of this level, the players never let the aliens exit the secret room. They are all mowed down where they stand.

Using the Tuncer Deniz method of springing the trap and running back will definitely not activate the Compilers as no shots will be fired as the aliens exit the room.

In beta 3, the aliens are little bit faster on the draw I find. Just enough to get a shot off as they exit. Thus the Compilers are activated more times than not compare to the original game.

This will make Vidding this level more difficult as you can't reach the two alien weapons drop by the Enforcers in the second secret room before the Compilers come up. But hey!... Vidmasters like a challenge.

I also noticed you used that *cough* technique of punching fighters through the door. I wonder where you picked that *cough* habit up?

Cheers
Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 1:21 a.m.
     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 7:28 a.m.
           Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 10:56 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movietreellama 8/19/13 11:39 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 11:53 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 12:37 p.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 11:56 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieFiddlerOnARoof 8/21/13 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 3:49 a.m.
                             Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 5:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 5:28 a.m.
                                         Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 5:53 a.m.
                                               Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 6:11 a.m.
                                                     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 6:19 a.m.
                                         Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 6:49 a.m.
                                               Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 8:39 a.m.
                                                     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 9:11 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 6:41 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.