/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movie
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 8/22/13 3:49 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movie (FiddlerOnARoof)

: Of course, the quality of a vid film is a matter of taste. Back in the day,
: doing everything the hardest way possible, fists only, was treasured, and
: Dr. John Sumner was the epitome of this venerable tradition. What he does
: is incredibly hard and takes lots of patience. I personally like the films
: that deliver the most punishment in as spectacular a way as possible.
: Perhaps this is a minority view, but I'd encourage all of you to take a
: look at the films.

I came on the scene fairly late. Some vidmasters (e.g. Jim Mitchell) had already completed the Vidmaster Challenge for all three games. Hamish can correct me if I am remembering wrong, but to be recognized on the vidmaster page by that time, it was almost a given that a vid film had to show something new, should be done with Fists, all ammo collected, all secrets shown, etc... The reason being that "everyone" could produce a film using all their weapons, ammo, etc... Those films were almost "run of the mill" and as such not "interesting enough". So going in, I had no choice but to use fists only etc... As a result, it became habit more than anything to use fists only. I then began playing every scenario that way (and still do). But it eventually became more than habit, it became an obsession to do even more, such as to use no ammo. It might not be the flashiest way to play or to vid a level. But it's all about the challenge. I've said that many times. For me, it's the truth. After you've beaten Marathon, that is enough for some people. Not me. I want to beat it and use as little ammo as possible. Ideally, I'd love to beat it using no ammo. But that's not possible. I have done that on M2 though.

So it's all about the challenge. Find your challenge with Marathon and have fun with it.

John

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 1:21 a.m.
     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 7:28 a.m.
           Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 10:56 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movietreellama 8/19/13 11:39 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 11:53 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 12:37 p.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 11:56 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieFiddlerOnARoof 8/21/13 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 3:49 a.m.
                             Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 5:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 5:28 a.m.
                                         Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 5:53 a.m.
                                               Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 6:11 a.m.
                                                     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 6:19 a.m.
                                         Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 6:49 a.m.
                                               Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 8:39 a.m.
                                                     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 9:11 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 6:41 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.