Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Diplomats of Might
Posted By: Wado SG <wyamauchi@msn.com>Date: 12/3/02 7:03 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Diplomats of Might (Hedgemony)

: The ODST's were deprived of funding by the UNSC in favor of the spartan
: project. God only knows what they were intending on creating. Probably
: bigger, badder weapons or something. My suspicions point towards a device
: similar to the Halo's...

So maybe the argument goes like this. The Spartan II project and MJOLNIR project are better suited to fight the enemies of the future than ODST's project. They want to blow up everything, but we are talking about human lives here, because the enemy of the future is not an army or nation, it is terrorists and criminals. This enemy operates within population centers and we need smart weapons, weapons with enough selection to tell friend from foe. Gentlemen I give you the Spartans.

Hey why isn't this armor good enough for you ONI folks...
Yes, the Mark I...IV armor has failed to meet our battlefield requirements.

Now the truth is (drum roll... okay it is just speculation but I'm trying to set the mood): ONI has discovered the ruins of an ancient civilization calle the Forerunners. Along with that is possitive proof that other alien races exist. We need to create AIs and cyborgs that can interface with the computer systems of the Forerunners and other races. The Spartan II project can fund our needs well. The armor, well it needs to hold a ship level AI and we want to adapt our newly discovered shield technology to it too. So the previous MJOLNIR armor models are prototypes for show and to keep funding going on the project because ONI wants to keep the real technology a secret for as long as possible.

: I don't think the econmics of earth and it's colonies is really explored in
: FoR. I'd have to read it again.

: -Hedge

Message Index

Replies:

Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansHedgemony 12/3/02 4:02 p.m.
     Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansWarbow 12/3/02 4:14 p.m.
           Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansHedgemony 12/3/02 4:21 p.m.
     Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansXzilen 12/3/02 4:34 p.m.
           Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansSephlock 12/3/02 4:45 p.m.
                 Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansHedgemony 12/3/02 4:55 p.m.
                 Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansRandom Hero 12/3/02 6:19 p.m.
           Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansHedgemony 12/3/02 4:47 p.m.
                 Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansRed Loser 12/3/02 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansBoss "Wart" Hog 12/3/02 5:04 p.m.
                             Re: Small codpiece in halo2 remember?Hedgemony 12/3/02 5:23 p.m.
     Diplomats of MightWado SG 12/3/02 5:46 p.m.
           Re: Diplomats of MightHedgemony 12/3/02 5:57 p.m.
                 Re: Diplomats of MightWarbow 12/3/02 6:08 p.m.
                       Re: Diplomats of MightWado SG 12/3/02 6:47 p.m.
                 Re: Diplomats of MightWado SG 12/3/02 6:26 p.m.
                       Re: Diplomats of MightHedgemony 12/3/02 6:41 p.m.
                             Re: Diplomats of MightWado SG 12/3/02 7:03 p.m.
                                   They may have found themXzilen 12/3/02 7:35 p.m.
                                         Re: They may have found themWado SG 12/3/02 8:28 p.m.
                                               Re: They may have found themXzilen 12/4/02 5:46 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.