Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartans
Posted By: Hedgemony <hedgemony343@hotmail.com>Date: 12/3/02 4:02 p.m.

Okay so I overdid it with the deathsquad inclusion, but what the hell.

In FoR, the Spartan project was created to apparently help eliminate civil wars before they started by an already defeated rebel faction living in hollowed out meteors.

It seems interesting that this was just an excuse by ONI in order to create a race of super soldiers. Warbow was interested in the true motive behind creating the spartans, and the more I think about it, the more I come up empty.

The only thing I can speculate on is to the location of the rebels. They are in an asteroid field, hiding from Earth. They are also referred to as being space pirates, and I can't help but think that they fleed from Earth at some point and maybe encountered something in space that made them want to distance themselves from Earth. Rebelling against Earth for what reason?

It's the one part of FoR that doesn't quite gel for me at all. Does anyone have any possible thoughts on this?

-Hedge, lost within a myriad of confused thoughts...

Message Index

Replies:

Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansHedgemony 12/3/02 4:02 p.m.
     Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansWarbow 12/3/02 4:14 p.m.
           Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansHedgemony 12/3/02 4:21 p.m.
     Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansXzilen 12/3/02 4:34 p.m.
           Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansSephlock 12/3/02 4:45 p.m.
                 Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansHedgemony 12/3/02 4:55 p.m.
                 Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansRandom Hero 12/3/02 6:19 p.m.
           Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansHedgemony 12/3/02 4:47 p.m.
                 Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansRed Loser 12/3/02 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: Rebels and ONI deathsquads...the spartansBoss "Wart" Hog 12/3/02 5:04 p.m.
                             Re: Small codpiece in halo2 remember?Hedgemony 12/3/02 5:23 p.m.
     Diplomats of MightWado SG 12/3/02 5:46 p.m.
           Re: Diplomats of MightHedgemony 12/3/02 5:57 p.m.
                 Re: Diplomats of MightWarbow 12/3/02 6:08 p.m.
                       Re: Diplomats of MightWado SG 12/3/02 6:47 p.m.
                 Re: Diplomats of MightWado SG 12/3/02 6:26 p.m.
                       Re: Diplomats of MightHedgemony 12/3/02 6:41 p.m.
                             Re: Diplomats of MightWado SG 12/3/02 7:03 p.m.
                                   They may have found themXzilen 12/3/02 7:35 p.m.
                                         Re: They may have found themWado SG 12/3/02 8:28 p.m.
                                               Re: They may have found themXzilen 12/4/02 5:46 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.