Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Perspective: a read for all
Posted By: Hedgemony <hedgemony343@hotmail.com>Date: 11/8/02 5:37 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Perspective: a read for all (Ross Mills)

: You two always have my sympathy and support if needed.

Thanks Ross. Everything is great now. In many ways that event turned me from repeating my father's mistakes.

All of this stuff happened in 86-88 so enough time has passed for me to deal with it. Got a pretty groovy scar as well, like to show it off at parties.

The bizarre thing was I was listening to Marvin Gaye before my dad shot me. In hindsight it was an omen. Spooked me out when I recalled that too.

About three years after the shooting, my sister was attacked while working at a holiday resort off the coast of Australia. The first thought I had was to go get the sonsabitch's. I was ready for blood so I got on my motorbike. I was on my way to the airport when I got hit by a car. Guess who was driving that car...Shanghai.

She spent time with me in the hospital while they stitched me up and that's when the bullet was removed as well. The accident had shifted it slightly so they could get at it.

In the meantime the guys who had assaulted my sister were beaten pretty badly by my sisters boyfriend's friends. One of the good guys was stabbed, another was shot by a cop who thought he was going to be attacked. The guy who was shot is now paralysed from the event and I couldn't help but think that could have been me. It's funny how history has a way of repeating itself. In a way, Shanghai saved my life.

We've been together ever since the car accident and through her I got a handle on my past.

Now if only she wouldn't post my notes:)

-Hedge

Message Index

Replies:

Perspective: a read for allFinn 11/8/02 3:38 p.m.
     Re: Perspective: a read for allThe Cosmic Muffet 11/8/02 4:02 p.m.
           Re: Perspective: a read for allShanghai 11/8/02 4:29 p.m.
                 Re: Perspective: a read for allRoss Mills 11/8/02 4:39 p.m.
                       Re: Perspective: a read for allHedgemony 11/8/02 5:37 p.m.
                             Re: Perspective: a read for allFinn 11/8/02 6:28 p.m.
                                   Re: Totally agree, still riding:) *NM*Hedgemony 11/8/02 6:32 p.m.
                                   Re: Perspective: a read for allHipboyscott 11/8/02 7:01 p.m.
                             Re: Perspective: a read for all*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 11/8/02 7:35 p.m.
                             Respect for all here.............skavenger_s7 11/9/02 9:27 a.m.
                                   Re: Respect for all here.............Shanghai 11/9/02 3:07 p.m.
                             Re: Perspective: a read for allRed Loser 11/9/02 3:21 p.m.
     Re: Perspective: a read for allWado SG 11/8/02 4:43 p.m.
           Re: Perspective: a read for allStarWarsFanMan 11/8/02 5:36 p.m.
           Re: Perspective: a read for allvector40 11/8/02 11:45 p.m.
                 Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.Red Loser 11/9/02 3:39 p.m.
     Beautiful post, thanks Finn *NM*Miguel Chavez 11/8/02 11:19 p.m.
           Re: Beautiful post, ... Jeezepoena.dare #CP# 11/9/02 12:30 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.