glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: But you forgot something very important...
Posted By: ben ranum <Yadrenn@aol.com>Date: 3/5/02 9:20 p.m.

In Response To: Re: But you forgot something very important... (Jeff)

: I also though of this with Lukes father being Darth. Darth and Jason both
: wore masks. But they are both antagonists. They are the evil vilans in the
: movie. MC is not a vilian, he's a protagonist and a hero more or less.

Antagonists that are "bad" guys and wear masks usually do so to make them look less emotional and so it doesn't seem as bad when they die. This is frequently done in war like movies like star wars to common antagonists i.e. stormtroopers to make them look like life less machines that people can't relate to. Protagonist were mask usually to make them mysterious and more entertaining to watch.

Also, does anyone know what i.e. stand for, I feel embarrassed by using it in a sentence when I think it sounds good a have no idea what it means at all.

Message Index

Replies:

HALO Movie?Razorback 3/5/02 9:43 a.m.
     Interesting...Jeff 3/5/02 9:55 a.m.
           Re: Interesting...TitaniumPez 3/5/02 10:28 a.m.
                 Re: Interesting...Jeff 3/5/02 10:35 a.m.
                 Only problem with an FoR movie....NthDegree256 3/5/02 11:43 a.m.
                       The Helmet Issuepoena.dare #CP# 3/5/02 12:11 p.m.
                             Re: The Helmet IssuePCDestroyer 3/5/02 1:02 p.m.
                                   Re: The Helmet IssueTitaniumPez 3/5/02 2:04 p.m.
                             Absolutely right, good observationMr Yun 3/5/02 3:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Absolutely right, good observationNthDegree256 3/5/02 3:47 p.m.
                                   Re: Absolutely right, good observationMatt 3/5/02 5:03 p.m.
                                   Re: Absolutely right, good observationben ranum 3/5/02 7:16 p.m.
                                         But you forgot something very important...ChaZ 3/5/02 7:55 p.m.
                                               It's BOBA Fett, not Bobba Fett. *NM*NthDegree256 3/5/02 7:59 p.m.
                                               Re: But you forgot something very important...Jeff 3/5/02 8:00 p.m.
                                                     Re: But you forgot something very important...mageknight 3/5/02 8:18 p.m.
                                                           Re: But you forgot something very important...NthDegree256 3/5/02 8:21 p.m.
                                                           Re: But you forgot something very important...Jeff 3/5/02 8:23 p.m.
                                                                 Re: But you forgot something very important...Louis Wu 3/5/02 8:27 p.m.
                                                                       Re: But you forgot something very important...Jeff 3/5/02 8:32 p.m.
                                                                             Re: But you forgot something very important...ben ranum 3/5/02 9:20 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: But you forgot something very important...Jeff 3/5/02 9:30 p.m.
                                                                                   i.e. = id est (Latin) - means "that is" *NM*NthDegree256 3/5/02 9:37 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: i.e. = id est (Latin) - means "that is"Tarrsk 3/5/02 9:46 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: i.e. = id est (Latin) - means "that is"Jeff 3/5/02 11:19 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: i.e. = id est (Latin) - means "that is"vector40 3/5/02 10:37 p.m.
                                   Re: Razorback´s Rant about moviesRazorback 3/6/02 3:34 p.m.
                                         HELL YEAH!! YOU RULE MAN!!! *NM*ben ranum 3/6/02 4:13 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.