Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Flood
Posted By: Khaim <deguild@nc.rr.com>Date: 2/9/02 7:26 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Flood (Louis Wu)

: The information on the Carrier form came straight from Bungie. The rest was
: written by me - but without correction by any of the dev team members who
: read it.

Could you point me to the Bungie info, please? I'd liek to read exactly what they say.

: Hmm... Skeletor transcribed everything 343 GS said on the library - you can
: find both the cutscene text, and the in-game text, here , at BG:H. (I'd
: point you to our level transcript for the Library... but it hasn't been
: posted yet. :( )
: There's nothing in there about a hive mind that I could find... but I'd be
: happy to be proven wrong.

You're right- sort of. The quote I was thinking of was "The Flood are already hard at work repairing your vessel, it's parasitic nature belies the Flood's intelligence." So he does say the Flood are intelligent. The hive mind thing is therefore nust my speculation- but it still makes sense. After all, I don't think the grunts etc are communication, but they manage to respond to your attacks fairly well. I suppose it comes down to this: nothing says they have a hive mind, but nothing says they don't, either. And I like the idea. :-)

: Because while they might be capable of hibernating, as it were, they're quite
: obviously vulnerable to physical damage. :)
But there's no one to kill them.

- Khaim

Message Index

Replies:

The FloodKhaim 2/9/02 7:12 a.m.
     Re: The FloodLouis Wu 2/9/02 9:35 a.m.
           Re: The FloodXcruiser 2/9/02 10:08 a.m.
                 Re: The FloodLouis Wu 2/9/02 10:41 a.m.
                       Re: The FloodXcruiser 2/9/02 11:09 a.m.
                             Re: The FloodLouis Wu 2/9/02 12:16 p.m.
                                   Re: The FloodXcruiser 2/9/02 2:23 p.m.
                                         Once and for all *sp*Louis Wu 2/9/02 2:55 p.m.
                                               Re: Once and for all *sp*Xcruiser 2/9/02 3:34 p.m.
                                               One other thing...Xcruiser 2/9/02 4:24 p.m.
                       Re: The FloodMattM 2/9/02 1:07 p.m.
           Re: The FloodKhaim 2/9/02 1:52 p.m.
                 Re: The FloodLouis Wu 2/9/02 2:24 p.m.
                       Re: The FloodKhaim 2/9/02 7:26 p.m.
                             Re: The Floodvector40 2/9/02 8:50 p.m.
                                   Re: The FloodDark Angel § 2/10/02 12:55 a.m.
                                         Re: The FloodKhaim 2/10/02 8:10 a.m.
                                               Re: The Floodvector40 2/10/02 2:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: The FloodKhaim 2/10/02 7:23 p.m.
                                                           Re: The Floodvector40 2/10/02 7:56 p.m.
                                                           Re: The FloodMasterChief21 2/10/02 8:11 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The FloodCovenant Elite 2/11/02 1:06 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The FloodProtexts 2/13/02 12:40 a.m.
                                                                       Dead Bodiespoena.dare #CP#g 2/13/02 1:03 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Dead BodiesLouis Wu 2/13/02 7:41 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Dead BodiesFrogBlast 2/13/02 7:45 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Dead BodiesLouis Wu 2/13/02 8:10 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Dead BodiesFrogBlast 2/13/02 8:15 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Dead BodiesResistivity 2/13/02 2:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.