Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Great writeup on Promethians.
Posted By: ArchilenDate: 9/14/12 10:20 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Great writeup on Promethians. (bluerunner)

: Certainly a possibility, but I don't think the Didact would use humans as his
: warriors, unless something new is revealed in the next book. Since they
: are called promethians, I just don't get the feeling they were created by
: Faber. Why would he use the name of his enemies? Plus the skulls inside
: are not human (if that makes any difference).

Yeah, they're probably Composed Prometheans. Chakas may have been willing to work for Forerunners, but I don't see how the Didact could've convinced more humans to fight for him; moreover, why would he want to have an army made of mostly primitive people, who used to be his enemies, rather than experienced warriors he can trust? And there's also the fact they're called "Prometheans" - they're most likely just that, the Didact's Promethean warriors processed by the Composer.

: I am curious about the dangly arms under the knights. Do they use them? Could
: they still be carrying around the dead bodies of the forerunners that were
: composed?

I'm thinking the T-Rex arms are there just so they can grab things; I don't see why they would be carrying bodies around. Besides, the Prometheans themselves are supposed to be a lot bigger than that (around 3-4 meters), at least going by Bear's books. Then again, some of the concept art does show Evangelion-like creatures embedded in an earlier iteration of Knight armor, but that version didn't have floating limbs like the current one. They would have to be tiny (or have no legs) in order to fit to the current version.

Message Index

Replies:

Great writeup on Promethians.bluerunner 9/14/12 8:25 a.m.
     ^^ Possible *SP^^bluerunner 9/14/12 8:27 a.m.
     Re: Great writeup on Promethians.Hawki 9/14/12 9:14 a.m.
           Re: Great writeup on Promethians.bluerunner 9/14/12 10:07 a.m.
                 Re: Great writeup on Promethians.Archilen 9/14/12 10:20 a.m.
                       Re: Great writeup on Promethians.bluerunner 9/14/12 10:31 a.m.
                 Re: Great writeup on Promethians.scarab 9/14/12 10:54 a.m.
           Re: Great writeup on Promethians.Ragashingo 9/14/12 10:08 a.m.
                 Re: Great writeup on Promethians.Hyokin 9/14/12 10:52 a.m.
                       Re: Great writeup on Promethians.bluerunner 9/14/12 10:58 a.m.
                             Re: Great writeup on Promethians.Revenant1988 9/14/12 11:33 a.m.
                                   I laughed. *NM*Louis Wu 9/14/12 11:34 a.m.
                                         Re: I'm scared.Hedgemony 9/14/12 11:35 a.m.
                                   Re: Great writeup on Promethians.Bones 9/14/12 12:51 p.m.
                             NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE *NM*padraig08 9/14/12 11:47 a.m.
                             Debatable.Tex 9/14/12 12:12 p.m.
                             Re: Great writeup on Promethians.NsU Soldier 9/14/12 12:16 p.m.
                       Re: Great writeup on Promethians.ZackDark 9/14/12 12:24 p.m.
     !! DONT read my response if you are staying dark.Revenant1988 9/14/12 10:02 a.m.
           Re: !! DONT read my response if you are staying daQuirel 9/14/12 12:20 p.m.
                 Quiet you!rhubarb 9/14/12 1:09 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.