Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 6/7/12 8:19 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games * (Louis Wu)

: They made a choice to show, not tell.

Well, except they're also telling us.

: I, for one, am really happy that they're not censoring people whose message
: may not be the perfect PR for 343 - I'd rather hear about someone gloating
: that he dominated by doing something many consider 'cheap' than NOT hear
: about it. 343 has several months to make tweaks, and reports like this one
: give them guidelines on places to tweak.

I agree, but saying "hey, at least they're not making it legally impossible to badmouth their game and back it up with experience" doesn't help a whole lot.

: :shrug:: I just got through reading a bunch of comments on Kiki Wolfkill's
: Gametrailers interview. She spent a few minutes describing how Spartan
: Ops will work. The comments all take her to task for her umms and ahhs
: (yeah, whatever), and then talk about how boring the exposition is - how
: they'd much rather SEE the stupid game than listen to her talk about it.

I think this is valid. She was picked to represent the company, so I'd expect her to be at least a passable orator, and the first rule of that is "don't say 'um'". She's also representing a company or branch that deals exclusively in entertainment, so you might expect her to be, you know, entertaining-- I understand that's not necessarily a reasonable expectation, but it just kind of happens naturally.

: Whatever. Some people want to hear about it. Other people want to see it.
: Clearly there are people who are actually UNHAPPY when their preferred
: style of reveal is passed over. Makes me realize there are better things
: to focus my OWN attention on. :)

That's because what we all* really want is to play the game, and failing that, it's not feasible to get the same information you'd get from that from just hearing or reading about it or just watching it, it takes both, and depending on individual interest, you might skew to one side or the other.
* I'm sure someone out there only wants to hear about it or see it; IDK who that would be or what reason they could have, but, hey, inclusion, not exclusion

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Vid*UnrealCh13f 6/5/12 9:44 p.m.
     Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/5/12 9:55 p.m.
           Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *stabbim 6/6/12 3:01 p.m.
                 Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/6/12 3:25 p.m.
     Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *GrimBrother One 6/5/12 10:29 p.m.
           Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Bryan Newman 6/5/12 10:55 p.m.
     Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *RC Master 6/6/12 12:03 a.m.
           Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Louis Wu 6/6/12 12:03 a.m.
                 Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/6/12 7:21 a.m.
                       Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Louis Wu 6/6/12 11:44 a.m.
                             Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *RC Master 6/6/12 12:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *mnemesis 6/6/12 12:33 p.m.
                                         Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/6/12 1:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *RC Master 6/6/12 3:32 p.m.
                                               Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Louis Wu 6/7/12 2:41 a.m.
                             Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *General Vagueness 6/7/12 8:19 p.m.
                             Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *General Vagueness 6/7/12 8:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *JDQuackers 6/7/12 9:59 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.