Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 6/6/12 11:44 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games * (bluerunner)

: Maybe I'm not most people, but I agree with RC on this. If it's still being
: tweaked, I'd prefer for them to show it, explain how it's supposed to
: work, and describe their vision for how it will improve gameplay. Those
: things RC listed may be great in the final build and may be loved by the
: community in the end, but I don't think leading off with a guy bragging
: about how he strung together a combination of broken game mechanics to
: dominate everybody else is the best way to leave a first impression.

They made a choice to show, not tell. I, for one, am really happy that they're not censoring people whose message may not be the perfect PR for 343 - I'd rather hear about someone gloating that he dominated by doing something many consider 'cheap' than NOT hear about it. 343 has several months to make tweaks, and reports like this one give them guidelines on places to tweak.

And if Nexy hadn't said publicly that grenades seemed like nukes to him, I wouldn't have thought to say that they DIDN'T feel like that to me (mastrbiggy, over at GAF, said the same thing I said, but also might have neglected to mention them at all without the first report to contest).

::shrug:: I just got through reading a bunch of comments on Kiki Wolfkill's Gametrailers interview. She spent a few minutes describing how Spartan Ops will work. The comments all take her to task for her umms and ahhs (yeah, whatever), and then talk about how boring the exposition is - how they'd much rather SEE the stupid game than listen to her talk about it.

Whatever. Some people want to hear about it. Other people want to see it. Clearly there are people who are actually UNHAPPY when their preferred style of reveal is passed over. Makes me realize there are better things to focus my OWN attention on. :)

Message Index

Replies:

Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Vid*UnrealCh13f 6/5/12 9:44 p.m.
     Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/5/12 9:55 p.m.
           Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *stabbim 6/6/12 3:01 p.m.
                 Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/6/12 3:25 p.m.
     Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *GrimBrother One 6/5/12 10:29 p.m.
           Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Bryan Newman 6/5/12 10:55 p.m.
     Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *RC Master 6/6/12 12:03 a.m.
           Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Louis Wu 6/6/12 12:03 a.m.
                 Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/6/12 7:21 a.m.
                       Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Louis Wu 6/6/12 11:44 a.m.
                             Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *RC Master 6/6/12 12:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *mnemesis 6/6/12 12:33 p.m.
                                         Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/6/12 1:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *RC Master 6/6/12 3:32 p.m.
                                               Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Louis Wu 6/7/12 2:41 a.m.
                             Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *General Vagueness 6/7/12 8:19 p.m.
                             Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *General Vagueness 6/7/12 8:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *JDQuackers 6/7/12 9:59 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.