Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *
Posted By: bluerunnerDate: 6/6/12 1:03 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games * (mnemesis)

: But that's just what E3 (and every other game/entertainment/whatever expo)
: is, and always has been. Some finite number of people have access, and
: they report out to the larger community. Wu's front page comment about fan
: write-ups is pretty relevant here.

To echo what Schooly said, you can't expect someone who was invited to a free dinner to talk bad about the food. I'm not saying they shouldn't do what they're doing, or that it was a bad idea. It's mostly good PR, but you can't expect everything they present to have the same affect on everyone. For me, personally, I could care less if some guy I've never or barely heard of thinks the game is fun or not, but I will try to sift out some facts from what he said to help me decide if it sounds like a game I would like to play. Yes, that paints a very incomplete picture of the game, but that's the way they've chosen to disperse the information. In my humble opinion, I'm not a fan of that method, but your milage my vary.

And what I've gleaned from Walshy and mastrbiggy's writeups, it paints a partial picture of a game that I would very much like to play.

: I don't understand why anyone would consider OD 'broken by design.' It's
: simply an additional item/weapon/ability that can be dropped into the
: game. It can be tuned in all sorts of ways between now and release.

Partial picture has been painted, and naturally people want to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately, the only colors they have to paint that picture with were provided by CoD. They're probably not the right colors, but people tend to use what they've got in hand.

Message Index

Replies:

Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Vid*UnrealCh13f 6/5/12 9:44 p.m.
     Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/5/12 9:55 p.m.
           Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *stabbim 6/6/12 3:01 p.m.
                 Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/6/12 3:25 p.m.
     Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *GrimBrother One 6/5/12 10:29 p.m.
           Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Bryan Newman 6/5/12 10:55 p.m.
     Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *RC Master 6/6/12 12:03 a.m.
           Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Louis Wu 6/6/12 12:03 a.m.
                 Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/6/12 7:21 a.m.
                       Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Louis Wu 6/6/12 11:44 a.m.
                             Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *RC Master 6/6/12 12:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *mnemesis 6/6/12 12:33 p.m.
                                         Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *bluerunner 6/6/12 1:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *RC Master 6/6/12 3:32 p.m.
                                               Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *Louis Wu 6/7/12 2:41 a.m.
                             Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *General Vagueness 6/7/12 8:19 p.m.
                             Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *General Vagueness 6/7/12 8:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Walshy provides thoughts on Halo 4 War Games *JDQuackers 6/7/12 9:59 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.