Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: By the way...
Posted By: Bones <maawilhelm@gmail.com>Date: 3/20/12 4:06 p.m.

In Response To: By the way... (TDSpiral)

: If you see anything on this design that makes you scratch your head, please let me know about it.

• The electronics housing/barrel shroud seems to channel the MA-37 more so than the original MA5B/MA5C. While this might be a stylistic decision, you could look to Halo Anniversary's updated MA5B model as a guide .
  • The extended magazine looks a little out-of-place to me, and even a little out-of-date. Real-life 7.62x51 rounds are freakin' huge and take up a great deal of space, which is why the "Banana-Clip" design is necessary for modern high-capacity magazines. That said, the UNSC's futuristic magazines - while unrealistic - seem to have solved that problem, if only by being massive in physical size. If the standard magazine can hold 32/60 rounds, how many rounds would this extended mag hold? 64? 160? 200? What is the round capacity required for the rifle during gameplay? That should be your goal with the physical design.
  • Something else to consider with the extended magazine design would be comfort, mobility, and maneuverability of the firearm and its user. The standard magazine fits flush with the stock and handgrip assembly. An extended mag such as this could cause cause discomfort when aiming/repositioning. Another problem, common with modern bullpup rifles, would be the difficulty and awkwardness of firing the rifle from the prone position with the magazine extending so far below.
  • You may want to research how "quick attach/detach" suppressors look and fit onto rifle barrels. I remember Blue Team attaching suppressors before the Hunter fight in The Fall of Reach, and I think a futuristic version would make sense in this context.

I hope I'm not overloading you here. Very awesome concept art, regardless! :)

GT: Bones 153

Message Index

Replies:

[Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*The Lionheart 3/20/12 12:05 p.m.
     Re: [Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*RC Master 3/20/12 12:23 p.m.
           Re: [Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*uberfoop 3/20/12 12:41 p.m.
                 Re: [Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*bluerunner 3/20/12 1:39 p.m.
           Re: [Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*Quirel 3/20/12 5:24 p.m.
                 Re: [Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*Bones 3/20/12 5:50 p.m.
     Pretty sweet!Nikko B201 3/20/12 12:34 p.m.
     By the way...TDSpiral 3/20/12 2:08 p.m.
           Re: By the way...bluerunner 3/20/12 2:44 p.m.
                 Re: By the way...Nikko B201 3/20/12 3:54 p.m.
                       Re: By the way...The Lionheart 3/22/12 12:37 p.m.
                             Re: By the way...Quirel 3/22/12 5:50 p.m.
           Re: By the way...Bones 3/20/12 4:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.