Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: By the way...
Posted By: bluerunnerDate: 3/20/12 2:44 p.m.

In Response To: By the way... (TDSpiral)

: I know almost nothing about bullpup Assault Rifles (except for the basic
: mechanics), and I know there's a lot of you here that are very interested
: in how weapons work and obviously much more educated in this area than I
: am. If you see anything on this design that makes you scratch your head,
: please let me know about it.

In real life I've never been fond of bullpups, mainly because every time I've shot one I couldn't get used to reloading it. I like to be able to change mags without lowering the weapon, and it's just too awkward for me to do it when it's out of my peripheral vision.

As far as withing Halo, they make sense from the standpoint of close quarter fighting inside urban areas as well as inside spaceships, plus they make a lot of sense if you're cramming as much as you can in a drop pod or drop ship.

I've pointed out on here several times that I don't like the topside of the AR. I think the huge ammo counter is unnecessary, and the lack of iron sights bugs me a lot. Just mounting something on top of the ammo counter, like a peep sight or ghost ring, would make it better. It also bugs me that there aren't any accessory rails. Tough luck if you want to attach anything useful to it.

I was about to say something about the mag well (the part that holds the magazine)being too far back. There's not enough room for the bolt or hammer assembly. Then I remembered this obscure weapon: the Russian TKB-022. It had a vertically sliding bolt and a special extractor that stripped the rounds from the magazine.

It's hard to find a good illustration of how it worked, but this should give you an idea.

Message Index

Replies:

[Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*The Lionheart 3/20/12 12:05 p.m.
     Re: [Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*RC Master 3/20/12 12:23 p.m.
           Re: [Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*uberfoop 3/20/12 12:41 p.m.
                 Re: [Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*bluerunner 3/20/12 1:39 p.m.
           Re: [Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*Quirel 3/20/12 5:24 p.m.
                 Re: [Venerance] MA5B(S) by TDSpiral! *IMGs*Bones 3/20/12 5:50 p.m.
     Pretty sweet!Nikko B201 3/20/12 12:34 p.m.
     By the way...TDSpiral 3/20/12 2:08 p.m.
           Re: By the way...bluerunner 3/20/12 2:44 p.m.
                 Re: By the way...Nikko B201 3/20/12 3:54 p.m.
                       Re: By the way...The Lionheart 3/22/12 12:37 p.m.
                             Re: By the way...Quirel 3/22/12 5:50 p.m.
           Re: By the way...Bones 3/20/12 4:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.