Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Con
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 10/18/11 11:11 a.m.

In Response To: Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Con (Lurono)

: I've only seen them reference that rule in regards to MP maps. This is just a
: bonus feature to maybe entice a few more people to buy a Kinect. Overall,
: Microsoft gives 343i a lot of freedom when dealing with the franchise as a
: whole, so if they want to throw the extra money at 343i to include a
: feature to sell one of their products, what does it matter?

Like I said, it's pointless, and I really don't want to believe there's anyone stupid enough to buy Kinect just for this. There will be maybe a few dozen people who will see this as the last straw and buy it for this and other things.

: So you won't buy Halo 4 if it doesn't have customizable controls?

As of now, yes, I'd still buy it. If they take away green thumb I might not, and if there are major issues on top of that I would at least wait for the price to come down, and possibly get it used.

: Would it really be that big of a deal if it were changed? Eggs are just meant
: to be fun, so if they change some, remove others and include new ones,
: does that really hurt anyone?

not really, but I don't see a reason to change it either

: It's interesting that they'd list encounter scaling as a reason for not
: including 4-player coop. I figured the real reason would be that HCE's
: engine couldn't handle it.

It is interesting, isn't it? If there's more to the story maybe knowing that would make it seem... not as bad, I guess, but saying "we didn't put in this feature that people want because we didn't want to" makes them sound like the laziest developer since Notch ever.
(just kidding with the jab at Notch)

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConSimpsons Rule 10/16/11 2:34 a.m.
     confirm RvB voices by non-confirmation?!nillapuddin 10/16/11 3:20 a.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Conuberfoop 10/16/11 3:46 a.m.
           Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConDHalo 10/16/11 10:43 a.m.
                 Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Conuberfoop 10/16/11 12:29 p.m.
                       Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConDHalo 10/16/11 5:19 p.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConLord Friendship 10/16/11 11:27 a.m.
           Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Condavidfuchs 10/16/11 12:17 p.m.
                 Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConLord Friendship 10/16/11 1:15 p.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConTrunks 10/17/11 3:52 p.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConGeneral Vagueness 10/17/11 4:39 p.m.
           Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConLurono 10/17/11 10:44 p.m.
                 Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConGeneral Vagueness 10/18/11 11:11 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.