Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Con
Posted By: uberfoop <atkinso2@seattleu.edu>Date: 10/16/11 3:46 a.m.

In Response To: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Con (Simpsons Rule)

: 2) ATLAS was announced.
: It did not appear to show enemy positions

Well, yeah. If it did, I would immediately quit Reach and probably ditch the franchise, because clearly it was being run by insane people. "Purchase proprietary hardware to access maphack!" Yeah, no.

: Someone on the panel tried to reason
: that they couldn't add a button that would make the "analyze"
: mode appear but realistically I think this is just Microsoft's way of
: pushing more Kinect units.

That was my first thought as well, but I figure it's possible that they were telling the truth; other aspects about CEA, such as the lack of theatre, indicate that it's possible that the original Halo 1 code being used doesn't have a clean command pipeline. And note that the oXbox's D-Pad is used by the original Halo in the same way as the left analogue stick. Which means that it's possible that there are bits and pieces through the code saying "if dpad is doing this, do this" that they would have to add conditions to on an individual basis. Granted, if that's the case, then it's possible that 343i is a bunch of programming sissies, but whatever.:

: Someone asked if the thirsty grunt was kept in. The answer was evasive,
: neither confirming nor denying it.

Hmm. If they're keeping by their "same-gameplay" policy, they'd have a difficult time removing the actual grunt object; I highly doubt it's out. That said, they probably wouldn't be violating anything by modifying what exactly the egg is in its entirety, which could explain the evasion.

: Co-op is limited to 2 players because 4 people in the Halo 1 campaign would
: be far too easy and they didn't want to scale encounters.

That's probably half of the reason. The other half could have to do with things like the possible command pipeline sketchiness I mentioned. There could be other issues all over the map; I'm not familiar with the AI coding, but I wouldn't be even vaguelly surprised, for instance, if it's only written to react to two active player slots.

Message Index

Replies:

News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConSimpsons Rule 10/16/11 2:34 a.m.
     confirm RvB voices by non-confirmation?!nillapuddin 10/16/11 3:20 a.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Conuberfoop 10/16/11 3:46 a.m.
           Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConDHalo 10/16/11 10:43 a.m.
                 Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Conuberfoop 10/16/11 12:29 p.m.
                       Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConDHalo 10/16/11 5:19 p.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConLord Friendship 10/16/11 11:27 a.m.
           Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Condavidfuchs 10/16/11 12:17 p.m.
                 Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConLord Friendship 10/16/11 1:15 p.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConTrunks 10/17/11 3:52 p.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConGeneral Vagueness 10/17/11 4:39 p.m.
           Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConLurono 10/17/11 10:44 p.m.
                 Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConGeneral Vagueness 10/18/11 11:11 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.