Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Con
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 10/17/11 4:39 p.m.

In Response To: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Con (Simpsons Rule)

: 4) Kinect support will allow an "analyze" mode where enemy corpses
: and special in-game objects can be analyzed. Information is then gathered
: and added to a library where you can view 3D models of the enemy/object
: and a relevant description will be available. It seemed very much like the
: Bestiarum from Halo 3.

From what I've seen it's almost exactly like it, which going by their rule of "don't duplicate stuff available on the 360" would mean it's pointless-- but then it's pointless anyway when they're also selling a Halo Encyclopedia, and especially pointless when they're putting this information in but requiring you to look at objects and say a word to be able to access it.

: During the question and answer session it was confirmed that you will require
: Kinect to see the "analyze" mode. Insert sad panda image here. Someone on
: the panel tried to reason that they couldn't add a button that would make the
: "analyze" mode appear but realistically I think this is just Microsoft's way of
: pushing more Kinect units.

I think this is just complete bull, just as bad as Bungie saying "we can't let you customize control schemes because of swapping around button functions and graphics" or whatever the ridiculous explanation for that was. Seriously I really like Bungie but that is the one thing I will not tolerate and 343i/Microsoft Studios is doing the same thing because they can get away with it.

: Someone asked if the thirsty grunt was kept in. The answer was evasive,
: neither confirming nor denying it. Eggs were looked at, some new ones were
: added and presumably some old ones were removed. They did say they tried
: to be as faithful as possible to the original.

I bet you $10 the Grunt is there but says something completely different in a different voice and they blame copyrights or some similar thing that doesn't make sense.

: Co-op is limited to 2 players because 4 people in the Halo 1 campaign would
: be far too easy and they didn't want to scale encounters.

Too easy seems like a cop-out but it's kind of understandable. "We didn't want to scale encounters" is laziness, plain and simple, especially when considering it sometimes happens on accident or through careful playing, and it's yet another disappointment.

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConSimpsons Rule 10/16/11 2:34 a.m.
     confirm RvB voices by non-confirmation?!nillapuddin 10/16/11 3:20 a.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Conuberfoop 10/16/11 3:46 a.m.
           Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConDHalo 10/16/11 10:43 a.m.
                 Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Conuberfoop 10/16/11 12:29 p.m.
                       Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConDHalo 10/16/11 5:19 p.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConLord Friendship 10/16/11 11:27 a.m.
           Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic Condavidfuchs 10/16/11 12:17 p.m.
                 Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConLord Friendship 10/16/11 1:15 p.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConTrunks 10/17/11 3:52 p.m.
     Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConGeneral Vagueness 10/17/11 4:39 p.m.
           Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConLurono 10/17/11 10:44 p.m.
                 Re: News from the Halo Panel at the NY Comic ConGeneral Vagueness 10/18/11 11:11 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.