Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I'm in the minority...
Posted By: Dagoonite <dagoonite@gmail.com>Date: 6/19/11 9:35 p.m.

In Response To: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :D (ncsuDuncan)

...in that I actually don't have a problem with AAs. Do I think that recharge times could be tweaked a little? Yes, yes I do. Do I think that the ability to pick them up outside of Campaign would be nice? Oh, yes indeedy. But outside of those two very minor gripes, I don't have a problem with them.

In Score Attack, I rely heavily on the drop shield. It's vital to my tactic of "find a nice spot with limited access, good cover, good view, and reasonable access to ammo, and camp there." I don't always have a health pack nearby, and the healing effect becomes extremely important. Making it single-use destroys that tactic, forcing me to either die more often or leave my camping grounds to retrieve it... which opens me to enemy fire.

That said, if I'd never had AAs as they are now, I wouldn't have developed my current tactics. I wouldn't have a problem with how they work.

I would also like to annul my previous statement with another that I do agree with you on: I'm not fond of loadouts. Again, let's go Score Attack. When I start, I'll open with Recon. Depending on when I die, I'll switch out to Operator or Medic -- I either feel the need for the shotgun or the drop shield. Then I retrieve the DMR from my corpse (headshots are nice, it has good range, and superior ammo capacity to any other human weapon with a scope). Is it the best tactic? No, but it's what I've been using lately.

So for me, things work mostly fine, but I can see how your suggestions would work. It's just that most of them are sadly too radical a change to Reach's established gameplay at this point to try and pull off.

By the way, good article!

Sorry for being so boring. Have this.

Message Index

Replies:

There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DncsuDuncan 6/19/11 6:00 p.m.
     Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DLouis Wu 6/19/11 6:06 p.m.
           Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DncsuDuncan 6/19/11 6:15 p.m.
     Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DCody Miller 6/19/11 6:21 p.m.
           Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DncsuDuncan 6/19/11 6:59 p.m.
           Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :Dmattroe 6/19/11 10:27 p.m.
     Great article.Gravemind 6/19/11 7:38 p.m.
     Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DDEEP NNN 6/19/11 9:03 p.m.
     Some really solid ideasSonGoharotto 6/19/11 9:22 p.m.
           Re: Some really solid ideasGravemind 6/19/11 10:10 p.m.
     I'm in the minority...Dagoonite 6/19/11 9:35 p.m.
           Re: I'm in the minority...DEEP NNN 6/19/11 9:47 p.m.
                 Re: I'm in the minority...Dagoonite 6/19/11 10:05 p.m.
                       Re: I'm in the minority...ZackDark 6/19/11 10:47 p.m.
                             Re: I'm in the minority...Dagoonite 6/20/11 12:02 a.m.
                       Re: I'm in the minority...DEEP NNN 6/20/11 9:27 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.