Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :D
Posted By: DEEP NNN <deep_nnn@hotmail.com>Date: 6/19/11 9:03 p.m.

In Response To: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :D (ncsuDuncan)

: I'd love to get feedback from the HBO crowd on the article . (And on the
: site in general too.)

: Thanks for the front page mention, Wu!

On your site you asked if someone thought you were full of crap. I would say yes but not in mean heartless way. It's a good article and you put a lot into it. I'm glad you indicated those potential changes could be for a future Halo.

Bungie has been trying to test AA variations in MM. Let's hope that if any real problems exists, they have the data to aid in future game design.

I won't pretend that I am 100% happy with AA but I don't think much is required in the way of change.

You said it yourself, all players start off equal in REACH. That includes weapons and AA. After that is intelligent use. Since we are not all equal in the area of intelligence or abilities there in lies the difference in outcomes.

When only weapons were in the sandbox it was always "that weapon" in the hands of someone else was breaking the game. Equipment upped the ante so "that weapon or equipment" was breaking the game. Now with AA it's "that weapon, equipment or AA" that is breaking the game. Of course vehicles could be included here too. The bottom line is that you have the same choices as someone else from beginning to end of the game.

The difference in the way the game works for each person is a measure of their ability to succeed either through intelligence and or ability. Success can be measured by wins, kills or just plain crazy fun. You either like the game or you do not.

A lot of people like REACH's play mechanics. They are running to it, not away from it. Doesn't that say, it works for a certain group of people?

My problem with AA is losing the one I have after a host change. Now that is something actually broken. Why is that? It's not like we lose the gun we are carrying (do we?). Why are AA linked to host migration?

I may read your article again. It was a lot to absorb.

Message Index

Replies:

There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DncsuDuncan 6/19/11 6:00 p.m.
     Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DLouis Wu 6/19/11 6:06 p.m.
           Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DncsuDuncan 6/19/11 6:15 p.m.
     Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DCody Miller 6/19/11 6:21 p.m.
           Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DncsuDuncan 6/19/11 6:59 p.m.
           Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :Dmattroe 6/19/11 10:27 p.m.
     Great article.Gravemind 6/19/11 7:38 p.m.
     Re: There's a front page? And I'm ON IT? :DDEEP NNN 6/19/11 9:03 p.m.
     Some really solid ideasSonGoharotto 6/19/11 9:22 p.m.
           Re: Some really solid ideasGravemind 6/19/11 10:10 p.m.
     I'm in the minority...Dagoonite 6/19/11 9:35 p.m.
           Re: I'm in the minority...DEEP NNN 6/19/11 9:47 p.m.
                 Re: I'm in the minority...Dagoonite 6/19/11 10:05 p.m.
                       Re: I'm in the minority...ZackDark 6/19/11 10:47 p.m.
                             Re: I'm in the minority...Dagoonite 6/20/11 12:02 a.m.
                       Re: I'm in the minority...DEEP NNN 6/20/11 9:27 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.