Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two Betrayals
Posted By: SonGoharotto <SonGoharotto@gmail.com>Date: 5/25/11 6:12 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two Betrayals (Jaydee)

: I loved this rewrite, but I have only a few concerns: 1. Zuka 'Zamanee
: speaking english. Maybe it'd be better to go back to the days of Halo: CE
: and Reach, where no Elites speak human languages.

In Reach, it makes perfect sense because they have no interest in parlay. Reach is a target and they will destroy it, period. But in H:CE, they have good reason to be interested in what humans know about Halo. (I like to think this also softens the shock when suddenly everyone is speaking English in H2.)

In the original game, Keyes says he overheard guards mention Halo. Even Grunts, who understand more English than most, wouldn't talk amongst themselves in the enemy's tongue.

I deliberately changed this to him being interrogated by Supreme-Commander Thel 'Vadamee. This way, you can now expect that Covies at least understand us.

Zuka spits out "Heresy!" for the same reason the Covenent originally warned us that our "destruction is the will of the gods." He wants it understood that he will not allow the humans to carry out their plan.

: 2. His escape in a Mongoose. Most of the Covenant would rather die than wield
: human weapons and vehicles (....though there's the gameplay AI), and they
: only get rid of that rule with the rise of the Flood and the nearing of
: the Human-Elite truce.

Zuka has already forsaken all semblance of honor in pursuit of revenge. On SC, he allowed his own people to be killed inside the security substation so he could spring a trap when "The Demon" would be cornered. He also fled from battle rather than seeking a glorious death.

Ideally, this could be explored further in some Campaign DLC. In fact, I think I'd like to script that out too...

: Maybe if there is a damaged banshee around the area
: foreshadowed in the start of the cutscene, for it to be taken by Zuka?

When the defense of Alpha Base was going to be playable, a wave of Flood was going to attack from outside on captured Covenant vehicles. This would then justify Zuka taking off in a Ghost or Banshee, which is harder to hit.

Changing it to MC showing up after the fact, I wasn't sure if I could get away with just having Covie vehicles lying around.

: 3. Another problem is that they'd let simply him run. Even a marine Sniper
: would probably be able to stop him as he's on the wheels.

They do shoot at him, I say as much. Perhaps the only thing that isn't clear is the layout of Alpha Base and just how much wreckage is strewn about. It's not easy to get a bead on him.

Besides, the Marines just got done defending themselves from an onslaught of Flood. Even if ammo weren't scarce, who would be using a Sniper Rifle? They've been fighting in close-quarters.

: Likewise, if he
: escaped in a banshee, there'd be story justification for marines being
: unable to take it down -- Or at the very least damage it. Only Linda-058
: is badass enough to shoot out Covenant from inside their goddamned
: banshees.

A good point. I'll take it into consideration. If I do script some Zuka-centric DLC, this segment may change as a result in the final version.

Halo Reach Service Record

Message Index

Replies:

Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsSonGoharotto 5/24/11 7:16 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsZackDark 5/24/11 7:38 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsSonGoharotto 5/24/11 8:09 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two Betrayalssithhead 5/24/11 8:55 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsSonGoharotto 5/24/11 9:03 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two Betrayalssithhead 5/24/11 11:48 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsArithmomaniac 5/24/11 9:51 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsSonGoharotto 5/25/11 5:32 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsJaydee 5/25/11 12:30 a.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsSonGoharotto 5/25/11 6:12 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/25/11 7:10 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsZackDark 5/25/11 7:18 p.m.
                             Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsSonGoharotto 5/25/11 7:38 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/25/11 9:21 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsSonGoharotto 5/26/11 4:16 p.m.
                             Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/25/11 9:24 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two BetrayalsZackDark 5/25/11 10:07 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Two Betrayalssithhead 5/25/11 9:55 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.