Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *
Posted By: bedlamDate: 11/1/07 3:31 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation * (Usul)

: Spiritually, sure they're connected. But they're not connected in the sense
: that they're in the same universe.

: -Usul
: est. 1986

One of them was destined to collapse, was it not? Maybe some grew bored and created a new one? An infinite universe inside one that is destined to collapse? I've never had the chance to play through all of the Marathon games, but it seems like the last screen describes the moment before the collapse. I think this was in the game Infinity. Was Durandal claiming Destiny a way of saying screw the doubt, which Tycho tried to claim was as inevitable as his own presence in Durandal's AI life? I always got this feeling that Durandal thought, but possibly doubted?, that (s)he was destined to become a god. Creator of all things.

Message Index

Replies:

Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *SP*MutilatedMooCow 10/31/07 9:57 p.m.
     Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *VVM 10/31/07 10:59 p.m.
           Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *Usul 11/1/07 1:00 a.m.
                 Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *bedlam 11/1/07 3:31 a.m.
                       Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *bedlam 11/1/07 3:34 a.m.
                             Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *Cthulhu117 11/1/07 6:28 a.m.
                                   Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *Dundradal 11/1/07 11:45 a.m.
           Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *reprobate 11/1/07 7:26 a.m.
                 Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *Phoenix_9286 11/1/07 8:18 a.m.
                       Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *gspawn 11/1/07 9:41 a.m.
                             Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *topleybird at home 11/1/07 11:45 a.m.
                                   Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *gspawn 11/1/07 3:25 p.m.
                                   Same Concepts, Different Characters *SP*Narcogen 11/2/07 2:58 a.m.
                                         Re: Same Concepts, Different Characters *SP*topleybird at home 11/2/07 9:13 a.m.
                 Makes perfect sense to me *NM*Sir J3lunt 11/1/07 11:12 a.m.
                 Re: Game Informer: Marathon and Halo Speculation *DiscipleN2k 11/1/07 1:25 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.