Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Bodie = Loser Mc LoserLoser
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 7/9/06 10:18 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Bodie = Loser Mc LoserLoser (wendt)

: No, I meant both the files take a long time to download. I should have made
: "rotation thingy" clearer, I guess rotation thingy sounds like I
: only meant the QTVR, but both the QTVR and the QT (and any other vids
: hosted on HBO) take a while to download and always say 0 bytes, even when
: it starts playing.

Okay, let me rephrase then.

All QT vids are hosted on the same servers as the WMP9 vids - and are roughly the same size as the matching WMP9 vid. (This is a general statement; clearly it no longer applies to the QTVR files.) If you're finding that the QT vids are downloading more slowly than the WMP9 vids, it's completely your copy of QT.

(If what you meant to say all along is "b.org servers suck" - you should go ahead and say that. Most people don't seem to find that to be the case, but you're welcome to your own opinion.)

For what it's worth: downloads for me, for QT or WMP9 files, from b.org servers, always max my line - whether I'm home on a T1, or on the road on a fast wireless connection (I was getting 800Kbps from the Hilton in-room connection in Seattle last week); there's no difference in speed between formats. Maybe the servers know it's me, and give me preferential treatment... I dunno.

I use a Mac. Macs are KNOWN to have more efficient QuickTime rendering than PCs (just like PCs are KNOWN to have more efficient WMP9 rendering than Macs). Not that this fact should be particularly relevant when you're talking about DOWNLOADS... but whatever.

Message Index

Replies:

Realtime Station Hologram - QTR/QTVRc0ld vengeance 7/8/06 8:13 a.m.
     Re: Realtime Station Hologram - QTR/QTVRNavSpecWarrior 7/8/06 8:24 a.m.
           Re: Realtime Station Hologram - QTR/QTVRHyp3r grunt 7/8/06 8:49 a.m.
     Re: Realtime Station Hologram - QTR/QTVRBodie 7/8/06 9:45 a.m.
           Re: Realtime Station Hologram - QTR/QTVRc0ld vengeance 7/8/06 10:27 a.m.
           Re: Realtime Station Hologram - QTR/QTVRXmoose 7/8/06 10:29 a.m.
           Bodie = Loser Mc LoserLoserBodie 7/8/06 7:43 p.m.
                 Re: Bodie = Loser Mc LoserLoserwendt 7/9/06 6:23 p.m.
                       Re: Bodie = Loser Mc LoserLoserLouis Wu 7/9/06 8:57 p.m.
                             Re: Bodie = Loser Mc LoserLoserwendt 7/9/06 10:11 p.m.
                                   Re: Bodie = Loser Mc LoserLoserLouis Wu 7/9/06 10:18 p.m.
                                         Re: Bodie = Loser Mc LoserLoserwendt 7/10/06 12:05 a.m.
                                               Re: Bodie = Loser Mc LoserLoserDojorkan 7/10/06 12:43 a.m.
     Re: Realtime Station Hologram - QTR/QTVRMorpheus 7/8/06 12:53 p.m.
     Re: Realtime Station Hologram - QTR/QTVRDojorkan 7/8/06 12:56 p.m.
           Re: Realtime Station Hologram - QTR/QTVRChaotikZero1 7/8/06 4:44 p.m.
     Re: Realtime Station Hologram - QTR/QTVRBattlecruiser 7/8/06 7:34 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.