Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Let's test this theory!
Posted By: nexZDate: 7/24/00 2:37 p.m.

In Response To: no (CyberBob =PN=)

Hey CyberBob, you're a dumb fuck.

Now, let's put your theory to the test. When I said you were a dumb fuck, was I speaking in jest, almost in a complementary tone as a modern-day friend might do, or was I deliberately insulting you? You have the choice to decide.

Maybe I was being sarcastic. Maybe some parts of my statement were sarcasm and hyperbole and others were a better representation of what I'm REALLY trying to say. It's up to you to decide because you have the choice on whether to be upset or complemented by this statement.

Original meaning? Hell, I didn't have any; I left it entirely up to you. What am I REALLY saying?

I'll tell you: I didn't mean anything by it, and undoubtedly by now you're probably pretty angry, for which I apologize. I didn't mean that statement up there, and once again I apologize for it.

But you need to see that creating confusion and letting the end user try to figure out for themselves what you're telling them is a pretty dumb thing to do. If you have a statement to make, you should just make the statement in a clear, concise way. Don't be ambiguous, don't riddle it with sarcasm without giving them any reason to think you're being sarcastic- and above all, when someone, oh, say, Narcogen, interprets your article literally (as he should have from the article's tone) and makes an excellent rebuttal of each of the article's points, never ever respond by telling him that MAYBE you were being sarcastic and that if he misinterpreted any part of the article it was his own fault.

nexZ

Message Index

Replies:

Hi, Pallor!Forensic 7/24/00 7:44 a.m.
     I guess I am just an educated consumer....CyberBob =PN= 7/24/00 9:39 a.m.
           Re: I guess I am just an educated consumer....Forensic 7/24/00 10:07 a.m.
                 hmmmCyberBob =PN= 7/24/00 10:46 a.m.
                       Re: hmmmnexZ 7/24/00 12:13 p.m.
                             Re: hmmmSiliconDream =PN= 7/24/00 12:17 p.m.
                             I never used "all" nor did I use "sCyberBob =PN= 7/24/00 12:43 p.m.
                                   Eh?nexZ 7/24/00 1:52 p.m.
                                         noCyberBob =PN= 7/24/00 2:11 p.m.
                                               oh andCyberBob =PN= 7/24/00 2:17 p.m.
                                               Let's test this theory!nexZ 7/24/00 2:37 p.m.
                                                     Re: Let's test this theory!CyberBob =PN= 7/24/00 3:24 p.m.
                                                     A few things...with a smile...Pallor =PN= 7/24/00 3:45 p.m.
                                                           Once again... eh?nexZ 7/24/00 4:28 p.m.
                                                           I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT!mad.max 7/24/00 5:26 p.m.
                                                                 Max you know I love you. [nt]Pallor =PN= 7/24/00 5:26 p.m.
                                         I totally agree with CBmad.max =PN= 7/24/00 3:34 p.m.
                                               Yo Dispatch...nexZ 7/24/00 4:38 p.m.
                                                     You are just wrong...CyberBob =PN= 7/24/00 5:10 p.m.
                                                           Re: You are just wrong...nexZ 7/24/00 5:23 p.m.
                                                                 ...CyberBob =PN= 7/24/00 5:49 p.m.
                                                     You appear to have not understoodRoger Maxwell 7/24/00 5:11 p.m.
                                                           Re: You appear to have not understoodnexZ 7/24/00 5:29 p.m.
                                                                 Yay. we agree! :) (whole thread OT :)mad.max 7/24/00 5:52 p.m.
                                                           lol! omg, what sort of thread is this?Maestro 7/24/00 5:36 p.m.
                                                     You lost me here. (NT)Dispatcher 7/26/00 11:01 p.m.
                                               Re: I totally agree with CBKazafn 7/26/00 12:52 p.m.
                 Next time Ill name them all...Pallor =PN= 7/24/00 11:18 a.m.
                       Arrgh...Forensic 7/24/00 11:38 a.m.
     Re: Hi, Pallor!Pallor =PN= 7/24/00 9:41 a.m.
     This disscussion has just been sucked! (vlt))Maestro 7/24/00 5:37 p.m.
           Sacked? (nt)David Oosha 7/24/00 7:18 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.