Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: thoughts from the gspawn
Posted By: vector40 <foo@berkeleyhigh.org>Date: 5/22/04 8:52 p.m.

In Response To: thoughts from the gspawn (gspawn)

I'm going to use this post to reply both to gspawn and to most everyone else in this thread.

To the contingent of aerial tricking aficionados whom I apparently drew out of the woodwork: While this stuff is very interesting indeed, and your input appreciated, I should say that my goal here was NOT to exhibit an array of tricks and feats. Truth be told, I've never been into tricks very much, and while I often explore weird and wonderful quirks with the Banshee, it's always for the goal of illuminating new possibilities of practical handling, not solely for the purpose of looking neat. And since my dance is nothing more than an extension of this, you shouldn't be looking for those things there, either. Instead, the purpose was 1) To help show some vectors, angles, and transitions of motion that most laymen pilots probably have NOT seen, or at least do NOT understand, and 2) To feel the texture of the air.

... texture of the air? The heck you say? What I mean is essentially just to try and touch base with "flowing" energy, something I mentioned in my second article, which has both practical and enjoyable implications.

I can elaborate on this if anyone wants, but the point is that my goal was not to create an air show, and certainly not to flaunt my penis size, so anybody looking at these videos with such an eye may be disappointed.

To the contingent of egos that seem to think these videos are a "look at mah 1337z" showcase: You've missed the point entirely and I will gladly concede that you are a better pilot, a better Halo player, and a better person than I am.

To those interested in applied footage from combat: Wait for it. I am now and have been for a while trying to figure out a way to capture some good films -- I CAN get stuff on this machine, but it's bad -- and once I do, you'll be the first to see it. (What I'm trying to do is find a machine with an s-video-out port that I can plug a camera into and take DV-quality stuff without affecting system usage at all.) In fact, it's quite possible that my next Banshee article will be either a narrated video piece, or at least video-supplemented. And to tide you over until then, you might look at this, which is some actual game footage I took a while ago and posted here, and in which nobody seemed very interested. It's not that great, but it's something.

And finally, to KTI who wanted some Ghost stuff: Talk to goatrope. I don't do everything purple.

: 1-Don't take yourself so seriously. This is cool and all, but you're starting
: to sound cult-y about the whole thing. Gives me the gibblies.

The vector is very sorry, but he points out that nothing he's mentioned with regards to Banshees (ever) has been pompous or convoluted solely for the sake of being weird. It may be strange, but it's all DIRECTLY related to helping you fly better. While I sometimes do things that have other purposes, I don't holler on forums for others to do them, too. If I'm talking about it, it's because it's useful, period.

: And what's your sensitivity setting? I think the Banshee can hold a
: pirrouette at 10 sensitivity, so that's exactly what I'd train with.

I've been playing with it recently, and I actually turned it up to film this. It's around 6-8.

vector

Message Index

Replies:

omfg filmzvector40 5/22/04 6:22 a.m.
     Re: omfg filmzvector40 5/22/04 6:29 a.m.
           Amazing. Good Work. *NM* *NM*dwchief 5/22/04 6:34 a.m.
           Re: omfg filmztarehart 5/22/04 11:47 a.m.
                 Re: omfg filmztarehart 5/22/04 11:50 a.m.
     Re: omfg filmzretsamolah 5/22/04 9:38 a.m.
     Bah.MikeMan445 5/22/04 9:52 a.m.
     Re: omfg filmzAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/22/04 10:49 a.m.
     Nice... now try...KTI 5/22/04 12:00 p.m.
     Beautiful :)Crispy Spartan 5/22/04 12:01 p.m.
     Re: omfg filmzM.N.C 5/22/04 12:44 p.m.
     Looks more like Drunk Driving . . .serpx 5/22/04 12:46 p.m.
           Re: Looks more like Drunk Driving . . .geekd0ubt 5/22/04 2:19 p.m.
                 Re: Looks more like Drunk Driving . . .Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/22/04 2:27 p.m.
                       if...gspawn 5/22/04 2:58 p.m.
                             Re: if...Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/22/04 5:06 p.m.
                                   Re: if...vector40 5/22/04 8:22 p.m.
                                         Banshee division tacticsAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/22/04 9:45 p.m.
     Re: omfg filmzSkeletor 5/22/04 2:27 p.m.
     wow!mrsmiley 5/22/04 3:50 p.m.
     thoughts from the gspawngspawn 5/22/04 3:51 p.m.
           Re: thoughts from the gspawnDjof 5/22/04 4:17 p.m.
                 Re: thoughts from the gspawnKTI 5/22/04 4:27 p.m.
                       Re: thoughts from the gspawnAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/22/04 4:46 p.m.
                             Re: thoughts from the gspawnKTI 5/22/04 4:57 p.m.
                                   Re: thoughts from the gspawnAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/22/04 5:16 p.m.
                                         Re: thoughts from the gspawnKTI 5/22/04 5:53 p.m.
                                               Re: thoughts from the gspawnLouis Wu 5/23/04 10:24 a.m.
                                                     Re: thoughts from the gspawnAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/23/04 11:38 a.m.
                                                           Re: thoughts from the gspawnKTI 5/24/04 12:37 a.m.
                                                                 Re: thoughts from the gspawnLouis Wu 5/24/04 5:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: thoughts from the gspawnAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/24/04 11:27 a.m.
           Re: thoughts from the gspawnvector40 5/22/04 8:52 p.m.
           Re: thoughts from the gspawnGolden Chief 5/23/04 8:41 a.m.
     Jeezuz.Richard 5/22/04 5:08 p.m.
     Re: omfg filmzJamirus99 5/22/04 10:53 p.m.
     Banshee skills just went up. *NM*Gre'Thor117 5/23/04 1:48 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.