Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffle
Posted By: guy who doesn't post....too often <brandon@coerce.net>Date: 2/18/04 10:56 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffle (Louis Wu)

: Bingo. You're not happy with the way the raffle's being run, don't
: participate . Geez. Bitching and moaning because you aren't getting as
: good a chance of receiving a $500 helmet for $5 as you'd like is just
: plain stupid.

You know what? Your comments are uncalled for and inconsistent. I first suggested paypal as an alternate method of payment; You had no issue with this suggestion, even though I am interfering with the way the contest is "being run". You say, "You're not happy with the way the raffle's being run, don't
participate ." but when I immediately suggest another payment option, you don't care. Why? Because it's a good friggin' idea!

So, that said, your personal opinion that 1 helmet is enough no matter what, differs from my personal opinion.

I'm trying to suggest a way to make it better for everyone involved. You apparently don't agree with what I'm suggesting and it is certainly your right to think that way. BUT, you run a COMMUNITY, where people contribute in many facets. Also, this is a FORUM, where people discuss ideas and have conversations. He brought the news here, and I'm merely suggesting some ideas.

It simply isn't ok to tell me it's all or nothing. You have no right to tell me I can't suggest a change, while already making it clear (by not commenting)that you didn't mind my other change suggestion.

Louis Wu wrote:
:Bitching and moaning because you aren't getting as
: good a chance of receiving a $500 helmet for $5 as you'd like is just
: plain stupid.

THERE WAS A SMILEY AFTER THE "Bitching and Griping" comment. You payed such close attention to the rest of the post, but not the smiley? Why be selective?

: If you feel the odds are stacked against you, and you don't feel that you're
: given a good enough chance to win that helmet with your $5... don't buy a
: friggin' ticket.

Thanks for the advice.

: Bah.

Bah, indeed.

-gwdpto

oh, nothing

Message Index

Replies:

Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleWebshift 2/17/04 12:07 a.m.
     Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleCYBRFRK 2/17/04 12:08 a.m.
     Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleBlown-Upp 2/17/04 12:55 a.m.
     Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Rafflevshields ash 2/17/04 6:16 a.m.
     Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffleguy who doesn't post....too often 2/17/04 4:28 p.m.
           Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleSturmgewehr-58 2/17/04 5:34 p.m.
                 Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffle'Nosolee 2/17/04 6:07 p.m.
                 Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffleguy who doesn't post....too often 2/17/04 10:50 p.m.
                       Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleWebshift 2/17/04 11:32 p.m.
                       Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleSturmgewehr-58 2/18/04 12:26 a.m.
                             Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleLouis Wu 2/18/04 6:01 a.m.
                                   Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffleguy who doesn't post....too often 2/18/04 10:56 a.m.
                                         Re: I'm not gonna get into this, but...Sep7imus [subnova] 2/18/04 11:04 a.m.
                                         Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleLouis Wu 2/18/04 11:17 a.m.
                                               Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffleguy who doesn't post....too often 2/18/04 11:58 a.m.
                                                     Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleWebshift 2/18/04 12:20 p.m.
                                                           Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleSturmgewehr-58 2/18/04 1:10 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.