Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffle
Posted By: Sturmgewehr-58 <WECSOG@aol.com>Date: 2/18/04 12:26 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffle (guy who doesn't post....too often)

: This raffle is a way to make some money without violating any laws, however
: if they accept two thousand entries, thus making 10,000$, we, the
: entrants, are getting screwed. I should have close to the percentage of
: winning as my percentage of paying for the item's worth. If they make an
: extra hundred bucks, whatever, but if they rake in cash, while only giving
: away one helmet, the entrant's chances of winning are extremely low.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think things work that way. I have a very small chance of winning the state lottery, buy I still play each week. This week's jackpot is $3 million, but my chance of winning is 1:22,957,480. I don't feel that I was screwed each time I don't win. It's part of the game. I'll win someday. :)

If you want to participate in the raffle, that is great, but I don't think it is nice to "gripe and bitch" because your chance of winning is too low, and too much money might be made from the raffle. What are we, communists? :)

Message Index

Replies:

Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleWebshift 2/17/04 12:07 a.m.
     Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleCYBRFRK 2/17/04 12:08 a.m.
     Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleBlown-Upp 2/17/04 12:55 a.m.
     Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Rafflevshields ash 2/17/04 6:16 a.m.
     Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffleguy who doesn't post....too often 2/17/04 4:28 p.m.
           Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleSturmgewehr-58 2/17/04 5:34 p.m.
                 Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffle'Nosolee 2/17/04 6:07 p.m.
                 Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffleguy who doesn't post....too often 2/17/04 10:50 p.m.
                       Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleWebshift 2/17/04 11:32 p.m.
                       Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleSturmgewehr-58 2/18/04 12:26 a.m.
                             Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleLouis Wu 2/18/04 6:01 a.m.
                                   Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffleguy who doesn't post....too often 2/18/04 10:56 a.m.
                                         Re: I'm not gonna get into this, but...Sep7imus [subnova] 2/18/04 11:04 a.m.
                                         Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleLouis Wu 2/18/04 11:17 a.m.
                                               Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet Raffleguy who doesn't post....too often 2/18/04 11:58 a.m.
                                                     Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleWebshift 2/18/04 12:20 p.m.
                                                           Re: Nightmare Armor...Helmet RaffleSturmgewehr-58 2/18/04 1:10 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.