Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I it worth it?
Posted By: Nick <NickHBO@comcast.net>Date: 8/12/03 11:32 p.m.

In Response To: I it worth it? (BLown-Upp -on a old Mac-)

: I mean: Is it fun having vehicles on those levels?

Battle Creek

Not really. It's fun to drive the ghost up on the center divider but that's about it. If the sides around the bases were about 20 feet wider, it'd work much better.

Boarding Action

No way. If you can see in that pic, one tank is hanging off the edge. When I tried to position it, it got stuck like that and I was lucky to get out without it falling.

Chill Out

Nop. The tanks could do nothing, Warthogs would be more like stationary guns, and ghosts have a hard time navigating around.

Chiron TL34

Ahhhh! No way, you could do nothing to this map to make it vehicle friendly, nothing. That shot took my 30 minutes to get, the others were about 5-10 minutes. This is the second worst map for vehicles, with Longest being the worst.

Damnation

Ghosts would work for this map, that's about it. It was fun going over the gaps by the waterfall without falling.

Derelect

Probably the best ghost and Warthog non-standard vehicle map. Tank is good on the second level only, if you can keep it up there.

Hang 'em High

The vehicles make the game a little laggy but it isn't that bad. Ghosts are fun up top, zooming around and jumping down. Warthogs aren't fun to drive on this map and there is enough room for about 4 stationary tanks, max.

Longest

Oh why did I even try vehicles in this one, what a waste of time. It was horrible, I couldn't go anywhere. This is officially the worst unofficial vehicle map in existence!

Prisoner

This is another Ghost only map. The other vehicles don't work well with this map at all, too small.

Rat Race

This one does okay with Warthogs and Ghosts, no tanks though. The ghost is really handy for getting around on this map. The Warthog would be easy to hide in a dark place and strike at the perfect time.

Wizard

Vehicles don't work to well with this map and getting the Warthogs on that platform wasn't easy. The tank couldn't really go anywhere and if it flips over under a platform, good luck flipping it or getting it blown out.

So all in all, Bungie made a wise choice on all of these maps by leaving vehicles out. If they added vehicles to these maps, they would have more complaints than praises. While I wish there were more vehicle maps, I'm glad none of these became such maps.

-Nick

-- Halo Hacking FAQ --

Message Index

Replies:

Holy hacking, Batman! It's vehicles in MP! *IMGs*Nick 8/12/03 11:06 p.m.
     Re: Holy hacking, Batman! It's vehicles in MP! *IMRunningRiot 8/12/03 11:10 p.m.
           Re: Holy hacking, Batman! It's vehicles in MP! *IMNick 8/12/03 11:16 p.m.
                 Re: Holy hacking, Batman! It's vehicles in MP! *IMBLown-Upp -on a old Mac- 8/12/03 11:20 p.m.
                       Re: Holy hacking, Batman! It's vehicles in MP! *IMNick 8/12/03 11:41 p.m.
                 Low gravity?blindwolf 8/13/03 12:58 a.m.
     Re: Holy hacking, Batman! It's vehicles in MP! *IMkiller_fairy 8/12/03 11:11 p.m.
     I it worth it?BLown-Upp -on a old Mac- 8/12/03 11:14 p.m.
           Re: I it worth it?White RaBbit 8/12/03 11:22 p.m.
           Re: I it worth it?Nick 8/12/03 11:32 p.m.
                 Thanks for your time saving opinion!BLown-Upp -on a old Mac- 8/12/03 11:39 p.m.
                       Re: Thanks for your time saving opinion!ScootScat 8/13/03 12:43 a.m.
                             Re: Thanks for your time saving opinion!Nick 8/13/03 1:13 a.m.
                 NIck, u are joking right? Its a whole new game.decibel 8/13/03 3:00 a.m.
                       Re: NIck, u are joking right? Its a whole new gameShishka 8/13/03 3:34 a.m.
                             No, it's hella cool! *NM*Vid Boi 8/13/03 6:58 a.m.
                                   Re: No, it's hella cool!DocOctavius 8/13/03 9:47 a.m.
                                         Re: No, it's hella cool!Count Zero 8/13/03 11:51 a.m.
                             Vehicles in MP on XBCVarsis Erion 8/13/03 1:44 p.m.
                                   Re: Vehicles in MP on XBCguy who doesn't post....too often 8/13/03 2:26 p.m.
     Re: Holy hacking, Batman! It's vehicles in MP! *IMCORNHOLIO 8/13/03 1:49 a.m.
           Re: Holy hacking, Batman! It's vehicles in MP! *IMStefander 8/13/03 7:56 a.m.
     Re: Holy hacking, Batman! It's vehicles in MP! *IM *NM*nemesis 8/14/03 1:24 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.