Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: i just think we should get the chance to choos
Posted By: The Jug Slugger <nicholas.head@adelaide.edu.au>Date: 8/10/99 11:30 p.m.

In Response To: i just think we should get the chance to choose (Peter Dodd)

> we should get the chance to choose what we like better.
> maybe 3rd will be better...maybe 1st for some people.
> GIVE US THE CHOICE

> nuff said

What Rubbish. You do get a choice - the choice to buy the game or not when its released depending on wether you like it or not. What on earth makes you think you have the right to choose what any game company puts into their game - that's their (and as was eloquently pointed out in a previous post, highly educated) decision. Halo's going to be complex enough without having to add extra code so that one can have 1st or 3rd.

Now I'm not debating whether or not 1st or 3rd person would be better. I do appreciate the arguments from both sides of the fence - I'm a big fan of FPS and have been pretty disappointed by the 3rd person aspect of 3rd person shooters so far (TRII, MDK). But we are yet to see what Bungie can do with 3rd person. I believe they can do it right and am keenly looking forward to Oni to find out. Bungie have never once failed to serve up the goods in game play and plain old fun no matter what the perspective and I doubt that Halo is just going to be just about eye candy galore but also fun galore.

You'll get one choice (3rd person) and you'll like it...or not :-)

Nick
The Jug Slugger

Message Index

Replies:

1st or 3rd person....let us choosePeter Dodd 8/10/99 1:12 p.m.
     Re: 1st or 3rd person....let us chooseForensic 8/10/99 1:21 p.m.
           Re: 1st or 3rd person....let us chooseJon 8/10/99 1:41 p.m.
                 Re: 1st or 3rd person....let us chooseBT 8/10/99 1:47 p.m.
                       Re: 1st or 3rd person....let us chooseplanaria 8/10/99 3:41 p.m.
                             i just think we should get the chance to choosePeter Dodd 8/10/99 9:04 p.m.
                                   Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosThe Jug Slugger 8/10/99 11:30 p.m.
                                         Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosShataan 8/11/99 6:03 a.m.
                                               Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosNijhazer 8/11/99 9:06 a.m.
                                                     All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Forensic 8/11/99 9:26 a.m.
                                                           Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Mark Levin 8/11/99 9:39 a.m.
                                                                 Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Shataan 8/11/99 10:41 a.m.
                                                                       Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Forensic 8/11/99 11:02 a.m.
                                                                             Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Shataan 8/11/99 12:36 p.m.
                                                                                   Captain Sanity strikes again!liquid 8/11/99 2:05 p.m.
                                                                             Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Crashed 8/11/99 2:17 p.m.
                                                                       Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.BT 8/11/99 11:04 a.m.
                                                           Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Jon 8/11/99 9:55 a.m.
                                                           Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Shataan 8/11/99 10:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosShataan 8/11/99 10:27 a.m.
                                                     Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosShataan 8/11/99 10:53 a.m.
                                         Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosDarkAngel 8/11/99 6:22 a.m.
                                               Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosMark Levin 8/11/99 7:04 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.